• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Opinions please...

Started by Arkyyoter, December 19, 2007, 07:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Hi guys.....working on a call here. I set out to make an open reed Jack call...I wanted it to be slightly nasal in tone with a raspy sound. I wanted it to hit all the pitches a Jack can/will hit...I wanted it easy to blow and control. As to the ease of use, I hit that one, as to the nasal intonation, got it too...I also think it will get the pitches desired, as well as the rasp...

Here is a quick sound file for ya'll to critique...I am listening!!!

http://www.arkyyoter.net/Sounds/JesseJacksSon.wav

Not the sequence, the sounds ar what I am concerned with...

Be honest or we don't gain a thing here....Thanks!!!

Joe

Mallardsr

Al, I mean Arky. That sounds more like a sharp tone.  :roflmao:    :shrug:  Sounds good. RP

Arkyyoter

Al, I mean Arky. That sounds more like a sharp tone.

?????? I guess that went right over my head......
:confused: :shrug:

Joe

THO Game Calls

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

KySongDog

Ok guys........here is what Mallardsr was funnin about.....

The sound file is labeled "JesseJacksSon.wav" so.........AL....Sharp tone (Al Sharpton).  Do you get it now??   :laf:

Ya gotta be a redneck to catch the subtle humor on this forum sometimes.   :biggrin:

Semp

THO Game Calls

Glad you cleard that up.  Figured I had gone and stepped in something again without even kowing it.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Arkyyoter

MMMUUUUuuUUUhhahahahahahhahahahahah!!! Too funny!!!!!  :roflmao:  :bowingsmilie:  :laf:

How could I have missed that??? I AM TOO DUMB LOL!!!!

Joe

Hawks Feather

Sounds like most of Jesse's speeches - a bunch of whines.  Well, maybe I should say that it sounds better than his speeches. . .

Jerry

vvarmitr

Back to the subject at hand. :iroll:

IMHO - FWIW - I thought it sounded so good I could actually visualize a Jackrabbit doing them.
I'm don't sure what sounds you're looking for like, nasally, but myself I thought the sounds were excellent. :shrug:

Bob D

Yep,
Ole Jessy sounds mighty fine. I like the range that you get from it.
Bob