• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Inside the fur Shed

Started by cathryn, February 23, 2008, 08:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

Alexys(my 4 yr old) and i  went to jacksonburg and stayed with Jerry ans his mom and worked with him to put up the fur wed caught.. This is how the shed looked when we left.

we took down alot of fur before this was stretched. Alexys liked taking out the push pins in the mink and coon. She had a good time too.Rats and mink are my specialty. I have a hard time fleshing coon cause his fleshing beam hits me right at my breatsbone and it hurts also im short so my arms arent very long, but i did board the coon after he fleshed them.

we have about 100 more coon to put up next week that are in the freezer and he has a couple hundred beaver to stretch.

blakcoyote

Nice shed and nice fur dryer setup.   :wink:

FinsnFur

Is that wooden duct with the squirrel cage your drying system?
Nice little set up :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cathryn

Thats Jerrys set up, actually it was for his ranch foxes. there is a little hose at each eyehook that fits into the top of eachboard through the fox, coyote or cats mouth. The moter pushes air through the boards which have grooves in them which channel the air down and throughout the hides. The system allows him not to have to trun them he can dry them fur side out from the beginning. It comes in really handy.

He also has a dual chamber drummer tha we use to drum the fur.

blakcoyote

Quote from: cathryn on February 23, 2008, 02:30:46 PM
Thats Jerrys set up, actually it was for his ranch foxes. there is a little hose at each eyehook that fits into the top of eachboard through the fox, coyote or cats mouth. The moter pushes air through the boards which have grooves in them which channel the air down and throughout the hides.

Yep same setup alot of fur farmers use.Great setup.

Bob D

I've never seen that before. Not many  ( if any ) of those around here. Pretty neat looking.