• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Beauty contest ?

Started by Bob D, January 14, 2008, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

I don't know which was the ugliest , me or the coyote ? The story: My huntin buddy Jeff and I met up at 3:30 am Saturday morning to locate  for the mornings hunt. We went at least 4 different places and the coyotes were answering in all so we had our choice where to go. Well deer hunters ran us away on the first choice so we went to the second and set up right after daylight.The weather had frost on the ground with little wind. Ist set we saw nothing but had one howl over the hill. Second set we had one challenge bark us about 400 yards away. Can't get him to come in  nor can we see  him  so we try to do a little sneak and come over a hill or two to the coyotes right. This is open pasture with little cover except for the rolling hills. Anyway we top a hill and Jeff spots one in the edge of a field about a half mile away. We think it is the dog that challenged us earlier and head off behind a hill to a head of woods and set up with Jeff hand calling and a decoy going. I was looking toward set of woods that I thought the last coyote would come from when out of the left corner of my eye I see a coyote coming from left to right and he has already passed Jeff when I see him I was on the shooting sticks with the ar and I could only get on his midsection cause he was moving to the right . Bang at 26 yards. End of story !

Carolina Coyote

Way to go BobD, Thanks for the story and the picture.cc :eyebrownod:

CCP

Good job BOB :highclap: as always love to see them AL. Coyotes :yoyo: :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

The coyotes much uglier  :eyebrownod: but man that is a sweet lookin AR your toting.
Nice job on the coyote  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

Congrats on the yote BobD. I think the AR wins the beauty contest :biggrin:
Jason

canine

LOL...Must be alot of ugly tree's to fall out of down South.... :roflmao:

Great Story Bob....Sounds like you guy's are into a bunch of coyotes. :yoyo:

JD

Bopeye

Good story, good picture, good gun.............shoot you got it made. Ya could look like any of the Jims that come here........ :eyebrownod:
Ya got Jimmie Viniard, Jimbo Champion, Jim (Jeb), and ya got THE MAN........ME. If you can't get purdier than me........your in bad shape.  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

You could have at least raked the leaves off the driveway before entering your home in the contest. :rolleye:

:hahaha: :laf: :laf:

Good job on the coyote!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

securpro

congrats... like to see them AR kills :biggrin: whered ya git those custom fenders on the quad????  Whats up with the flag?  just curious........
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

keekee

Congrads! Nice looking Coyote and AR!

Brent

songdog

The coyote is definately uglier.... Congratulations on the yote! way to go

vvarmitr

What up w/ this '"spotted a coyote coming from the left corner of my eye" stuff? :shrug:  Every story I've been reading the coyote is coming from the left to right.  :confused:

Note to self: coyote always come from the left. :readthis:

WTG Bob: Glad to hear you guys used your heads & got a well deserved coyote. :congrats:

Bob D

Thanks for the nice reply's.

securpro-the fenders were installed at the Kawasaki store that I got the quad , the flag is the Episcopal church flag

HaMeR- way too many leaves here to rake, heck the trees haven't all shed their leaves yet

canine- Yea JD we got lots of ugly trees

FinsnFur- Jim that is a Dedicated Technology ar, Mike does an excellent job there