• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

CZ CAT!

Started by statelinerut, February 02, 2008, 05:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statelinerut

It was 10 degrees at 7am when I left for the lease. I first set up on an old skidder trail that leads to a creek where we have seen coyote before. Also there was tons of scat and sign as well. 40 minute stand and no takers. Next I went to a hardwood bottom where we have seen lots of bobcat tracks and it leads to a creek that is too thick to walk through. Sat up on the ridge overlooking the bottom and started out with "lucky bird", then "northern flicker", then back to "lucky bird". 40 minute stand and no takers again. Third stand I went to a food plot surrounded by 8 year old pines on both sides. Wind was from my right to left so I set the caller on the right edge of the food plot. This would make any coyote have to expose himself in order to get down wind of the caller. Started out with "lucky bird" for 10 minutes, "northern flicker" for 10 minutes, and then back to "lucky bird" for another 10. At the 30 minute mark I decided I would do a few lone howls to maybe coax a warey male into the plot for a look. As I put the howler to my mouth, I noticed a figure standing about 75 yards that wasn't there 30 seconds before. I ease the howler down and put the scope on it and it was a big bobcat standing there looking at me. I click off the safety put the crosshairs behind the shoulder and it was all over. Big female. I thought it had to be a male to be so big, but I was wrong.

I had set out this year to get my first bobcat and today was the day. Man am I pumped.

She weighed 27lbs  :shck:

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

Hawks Feather

Nice looking cat and a good sized one as well.

Congratulations,

Jerry

FinsnFur

Sneaky little critters aren't they :eyebrownod:
Nice looking cat. Congrats on your first  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Good job on the cat ! Congrats !  :congrats:
               Jeb

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

THO Game Calls

Yeah that looks like a good sized one, pretty too.   Big fangs LOL

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bob D

Congrats on your cat. That is a nice female and being your first, it is one that you will always remember. Those cats are real trophies.

iahntr

That's great!!  :yoyo: Congratulations
I'd LOVE to get one some day.
Scott