• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I hope I find it!

Started by Roundman, February 04, 2008, 07:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Yep I was able to shoot another one after work today. My boss put me on a coyote that had been seen a couple of times. I had to use a .22 mag because of some  houses in the area. I wanted to use the shotgun but I was told the noise would be to much. The dog shows and I pull the trigger, it spins and drops over the bank with no noise. I walk over and it's gone, I walk about fifty yards and step into the woods and it takes off.   :madd:  My lunch hour will be used to try to find it tomorrow.

vvarmitr

You mean you shot it while you were at work? :shck:

Roundman

QuoteYou mean you shot it while you were at work?

No, I shot it after work on a piece of property close by.

Roundman

After an hour of looking I found nothing. At 30 yards I thought the mag would do the job well enough to find it, but I was wrong. I hate to be under gunned.  :madd:

vvarmitr

Silencer

They are a tough critter as seen in other posts here this year.   Last winter at this time I hit one with #4 buck
a little further back than I wanted, I waited till the next morning and tracked it 2 mountains before losing the blood.
Every time it layed down the blood would lessen up, plus I believe its mate was nuturing it from the other set of tracks.
I know exactly how you feel.  The second coyote I ever called in, and my son was actually the shooter but froze up.