• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wonderosa BobCat

Started by Carolina Coyote, March 07, 2008, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Well with a lot of help from Dirty Dog and several others I finally was able to get these pictures posted. Thanks a million guys
The story to go along with the pictures I have typed several times but lost it in getting the pictures on here. I will try again.
I went down to the Hunt Club several weeks ago on a work weekend not really planning to do any Hunting but  a friend dropped by and wanted to try and kill a Coyote we had called in several monts back and we left the stand a little to soon and saw him coming in as we was leaving, We decided to give him a try the next morning, when we got up it was real foggy outside which was real good as last year I called up two Bobcats and killed both of them from the stand we were going to. We set up with my friend covering the area we saw the Coyote coming in the last time. I was 200 yards away from him in a elevated stand, I set out and old Foxpro caller that does not have a remote and a Dummy Rabbit, I turn the caller on Rabbit distress low volume and got in the elevated stand, waited about five minutes and then made a couple of Coyoye howls on my Kee's Production Coyote Howler, waited and started screaming on another Kee's production Hand Calls After the second series of call I saw movement thru the fog coming out of a neck in the field to my left, it was the cat coming in at a fast pace, at 145 yards he stopped and squatted, I have my 243wssm sighted to shoot at about 1 inch high at 100 yards, I thought the cat was about 200 yards and I put the crosshairs right at the top of his should and squeezed the trigger, WOW the cat did not move? I carefully cranked another round into the chamber and set the crosshairs about two inches lower, the cat had not move a hair, I squeezed the trigger again and BANG FLOP. I continued calling for another 30 min. but no futher action. But what a great morning. Hope you enjoy cc

Nelson

Congratulations CC     :yoyo:

A very nice cat!!!!!

Nelson

coyote101

Great story and pictures. Congratulations.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Silencer

Its funny how a cat or fox will show up even if you howl. 

Great story and beautiful cat  :congrats:

DirtyDog

Nice work.....man I am glad I could help with the pictures. That is awsome.  :yoyo:

HaMeR

Nice lookin cat CC!! Congrats!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bootmud

Woo Hoo!  Cool Deal :highclap:

Very nice looking critter.  Congrats. :yoyo:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

FinsnFur

Awesome Carl. :yoyo:

Did the first round miss it completely :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Yes Jim, The first shot was a complete miss  :shrug: I'm sure the shot went over him because if the shot was low and hit the ground near him he would have run but being my lucky day he never moved a hair.  :eyebrow: cc

Bluesman

Way to go Carl.  Congratulations!
JB
Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

centerfire_223

That's my partner, a cat killing machine. Way to go partner!!! How many is that now off of yall's property down there?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

Nice looking cat.  I just wish we had them around here.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

The number of Cats that have been taken off the property is to me kind of unbeliveable, I don't know if its a curse or a blessing, to a Pradetor Hunter I sure would consider it a blessing, that Cat was # 90 most of which have been taken in the last 3 years, where they keep coming from I don't know but if the surrounding property has as many cats as we do on our Property then Georgia is a Bobcat paradice, to be honest I was really supprised when the Cat popped out last week but after the Hunt I was out riding around the fields looking for Coyote sign and saw more Cat tracks so they are still some out there. cc

ErictheRed

That is a nice cat.  Gopd story too.