• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Trumpeter swans are back

Started by Silencer, March 27, 2008, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

They brought back the swans, I'm curious since they're endangered why they dont have tags/bands ?

Rprince

Good pics.
I've never seen a swan around here but we are starting to see several sand hill's. I'd love to pop one but it's a no-no for us.

northern coyote

so thats what they are, I knew that they were swans, but i digress, we have a few up here in NNY, we see like 5 or so each year walleye fishin
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

Silencer

northern coyote, there is also a Tundra Swan that look similar but differ color near the beak.

There's hardly any Trumpeters left, these here are being re-introduced into the wild but they didnt take to migration last year. 

Here's a bit more about them on this thread I posted up last year.

http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=3826.0

HaMeR

We have some of them on a farm I hunt on.  Those suckers are big.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

northern coyote

ok, yeah, I never really paid that much attention to them other than seeing them swim on those cold mornin's, Ill have ta look into them somemore i s'pose
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

ErictheRed

Don't some states have a swan season?  I think I saw that somewhere.

I've heard the sanhills are good eating, but I've never seen any.

FinsnFur

Cool pics.
We've got some here that patrol the Mississippi backwaters. Not sure what kind they are, I wouldnt know one from the other, but ours have big poofy, stand up tall feathers on thier bodies. Kinda looks like they just got a hair-do or something....  :confused: well...feather-do. They appear to be like 3 feet around
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

We have them Everywhere out here, since I am living Smack Dab in the Middle of Lake Erie
I saw my first 3 ever about 4 weeks ago, they flew right over while we were Crow Hunting.
But they are BIG and they almost sound Like  turkey with his Balls in a Vice, well I have never heard a Turkey with his Balls in a Vice, But I think it sounds like a Trumpeter? they have a weird Sound I do know that
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Silencer

QuoteBut they are BIG and they almost sound Like  turkey with his Balls in a Vice, well I have never heard a Turkey with his Balls in a Vice
:roflmao:

They sure do Bob  :roflmao:  now get that vice off that Toms acorns !!!

ohiobob

Quote from: Silencer on March 28, 2008, 05:23:36 PM
QuoteBut they are BIG and they almost sound Like  turkey with his Balls in a Vice, well I have never heard a Turkey with his Balls in a Vice
:roflmao:

They sure do Bob  :roflmao:  now get that vice off that Toms acorns !!!

OK Vic
I will, IF I can chase the Tom down again  :laf:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Silencer

Here's 2 more I took today on the way home from work.  Yesterday I forgot the camera and the damn things were attacking my car.  They're VERY big birds close up and personal like that  :laf: