• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

If I Could Show You How To..........

Started by THO Game Calls, April 21, 2008, 03:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Make a tone board in under 5 minutes, and for less than a buck - would you be interested?  Oh - and what if I said it would be one of the best sounding tone boards you ever used?  Would you be interested?

I have to run out for a few hours, but if there is enough interest, I will post a quick tutorial this evening sometime after 8 PM eastern time.

Al @ THO

PS - I sent a few of these to a fellow call maker a few weeks ago and this is part of what he had to say about them

"All I have to say is WOW.    I've bought a bunch of toneboards from all of the folks that sell them.  I mainly study the boards and try to figure out how each one "ticks."  I am not exaggerating at all when I say that these are the easiest and smoothest boards that I have had the chance to drive.  The sound is spot on, no matter where you are at on the board - on the tip or down the reed a ways.  They have excellent range, both soft and if you get on it hard."
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bills Custom Calls

Yep I am interested

5 minutes of Als time is a half an hour for me,but I am still interested

edited to correct some misspelled words  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

coyote101

Al,

I'm not a call maker and my wood working tools consist of an electric drill and a palm sander. But I am fascinated by the work you guys do and the beauty of the finished product. I've read several of your tutorials and I'll read this one if you post it.

Thanks,

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

DirtyDog

Yup......youv'e peaked my interest Al.........

KySongDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 21, 2008, 03:18:33 PM
Make a tone board in under 5 minutes, and for less than a buck - would you be interested?  Oh - and what if I said it would be one of the best sounding tone boards you ever used?  Would you be interested?

HAIL YEAH!!   I'm not even a call maker and I wanna know!   :biggrin:

Thanks in advance, Al!!

BTW, I got me a dremmel tool and an old broomstick and been thinkin' about knockin' out some $30 calls (shipping included).  :roflmao:

Semp

armyturner

I'm in as well. Handmade toneboards are currently my pittfall.

Tjones

A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

bootmud

I wanna see.....I wanna see...... :yoyo:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Coulter

I've been fartin' around a bit with making my own. I have a few things down, but I am always interested in learning more tricks and tips.

Let 'er rip Al...

Steve

kurt1022

I don't make calls but I'd like having the knowhow , I'm in !
I try to have a good outlook on life, but some idiot keeps standing up and blocking my view !

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Scott

nailbender

bigben

yes sir I would love to see.  and thanks in advance
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

THO Game Calls

It's in the Call Creation How To Section under The 5 minute tone board

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

CCP

I ain't no call maker and rarely come to the game call forum. BUT this is really cool it should help a lot of guys. THANKS AL :thumb2:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

cb223

CHAD

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

WhiteHare

Al steps up to the plate.    :iroll:

Here comes the pitch..     :hahaha:

It's another Home Run...    :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

He's done it again folks.   :doh2:  It just keeps getting better and better.   :thumb2: :thumb2:

Thanks Al for another fine tutorial.  You've taught so much to so many.  Keep up the good work.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

ninthinning

Very cool idea, bet they sound great.  Thanks for sharing this gem of an idea.
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8