• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Weekend pics

Started by Brad H, May 26, 2008, 10:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

It's paddlefishing season here which is a big deal to a lot of people. Also a bigtime camping weekend ofcoures. I loaded up the 4 wheeler and went camping with a coworker and his family this weekend. The side of the river we went on has a sleuth that runs through the road. This time of the year the sleuth is high so everyone camps at that point without crossing it. Lifted 4 by 4's can cross to get to the river when it's high like it is now and most 4 wheel drives can also but every now and then it get a hair too high and someone won't make it.

There were paddlefish runing up the slough Monday but none no one was able to snag any. Some were leaving enourmous wakes but as soon as the sinker hit the water they took off.

Being that I have no fish pics, the next best thing is pics of the slough crossers...

This guy had been across it three or four times already this weekend but this particular day it came up just enough to hang the half ton up. He was only a few feet from pulling out of it. BTW, I have a lot of pics but I'm only showing the non-incrininating action shots. lol

This is one of the main camping spots so there was no shortage of spectators.

The pull out...

My co-worker's 6.0 one ton pulled it out against the current with out a miss. They strung another line across to get the people over there back. I think there's still at least two non-resident vehicles (fishrmen) stuck on the island right now.

This is an every year occurence and a fun place to camp.

KySongDog

Take a $30,000 truck and sink it in the river.....YEEHAWWW!   Reminds me of beach parties at our Scuffletown bottoms on the Ohio river.    :roflmao:

That guy has more money than brains.     :eyebrownod:

Semp

5 SHOTS

Brad didn't tell you when the river is at normal levels there are two strips of good solid gravel that run across the slough, but it is a little soft if you get off the strips, and they are not straight across. The pickup looks like it went between them.  :nofgr:  and you can see most people don't try to follow the road, they like to sit and laugh at the ones that don't make it.  :hahaha:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Hawks Feather

Truck for sale:  High water damaged.    Engine flooded once, but a quick carburetor clean took care of the problem.

Brad H

It was fun but painful to watch that truck get so close and not make it.

A 4 wheeler got rolled down the bank a couple days earlier. But they got that one running again.

I went ahead and stayed on this side. :biggrin:

Brad

Silencer

Still looks like one heck of a good time had by all  :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

OMG!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates