• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Price of ammo going up

Started by KySongDog, May 21, 2008, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Its no secret that ammo prices have jumped the last several months.  The metals maket (China ?) is driving the increase and, to a lesser extent, the war on terrorism.

I was told today at Wally World to expect another price jump soon.  5%-12% increase from Winchester and Remington on June 1.  So........stock up now if ya shoot much.  I picked up a few hundred rounds of 9mm and .45 today.  Time to dust off the old Rock Chucker.

Of course, if Obama gets elected I'm sure the price of ammo will nose dive.  There won't be any guns around to shoot it.   :biggrin:

Semp

Carolina Coyote

Semp, You are right , I was out yesterday looking for reloading Powder and was checking the price of Factory Ammo and could not believe the prices, I will stick to reloading and plan on stocking up on materials before they get to high, if Obama does go in and tries to take away our guns it will be the end of America as we know it now, I can assure you I won't give mine up easily. cc

pitw

Fight for your right to bear arms boys.  The frickiing liberal government that put in the intrusive gun laws up here have made it a ral pain in the ass to carry and obtain guns and ammo.   :argh:  The price of everything is going up so I'm surprised by the price hike in ammo components.  I'd like to know how the war on terrorism is to blame higher ammo prices as I don't think any terrorists have been shot yet. :iroll:
I say what I think not think what I say.