• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Osage call

Started by Tjones, July 24, 2008, 10:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjones

I recently got my hands on some Osage. I was hoping when I got it it would be at least 2" thick so I could turn it on the end grain like a call I made a while back. When I got the wood it was all cut to 1 1/2, which is fine for turning with the grain but I feel is to short to go end grain. I went through the pieces and found what I thought were two pieces that use to be one so I glued them back together, and went to turning, put a finish on it and a Carver Ruthless Rabbit tone board, here is what I came with,,,,

A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

coyote101

It looks good Tony, nice job.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

WhiteHare

Looks good Tony.  Real nice finish.  What'd ya use?
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

John_NY

I like the bell on the end. Very pretty wood. I wish I could get some more carver boards.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

blacky

Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com