• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

good week

Started by golfertrout, July 04, 2008, 04:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfertrout

went out on Thursday and made 5 stands n heard yotes on 4, my buddie john and chuck sat by a tree and i was about 150 yrds from them, john howled first and i was going to follow but when he howled yotes went crazy in front of them about 300 yrds, i waited about 5 minutes and let out a howl n they was coming to me but got the smack down from john, one dog down.  Went to another spot and we decided to just let out a lone howl and see if there was any dogs in the hollow and i went ahead n loaded the gun and when john howled they went crazy up in the hollow, they hurried and got ready and chuck n I proceeded up the overgrown field when the male yote let out a howl prob 200 yrds from us, so we had to hurry n get set up but it wasn't where i wanted to be but we had to set down where we was cause the yote was getting closer, we sat down and about 4 or 5 minutes we could hear him walking behind us , chuck said he was prob 10 steps behind us on a flat but could not get eyes, i figured we were busted and John tried to coax him in the field but nothing so we left. We stooped at another spot n heard yote but they were a long ways off so we gave up after a little bit.  Went to another spot and called in some deer but no yotes.  We decided to go back to the first spot were John shot his and go on another ridge{ this is a 900 acre farm}   and we mixed up the sounds a little and Chuck seen 4 yote and fired at one but missed at about 100 yrds. This was a pretty good night just like the last couple of weeks have been, John and I was at a spot last week when we called some tote in and ol dead eye John missed one about 60 yrds.  We have been on yotes every night we have went out the last few weeks.

alscalls

Call me when I dont have to work and I will go!!! Here is your pick of John holding that yote:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Wow!  You guys been doing good while I was sick.  Keep after them.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

golfertrout

yes Jim we have been doing good at getting yotes in but havent killed to many but we have had ALOT of action, we sould have killed 7 0r 8 dogs in the last 2 months , Glad u are out of hospital and getting along  better.    good luck