• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bother ya'll once more

Started by misfire, June 26, 2008, 10:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

I have boothes at a couple of outdoor shows each year. The first show was Feb 07. Got lucky in the competition, but didnt sell all that much. I learned alot about sales and salesmanship. Next show was a little better and I added a few things in the booth. Next show was really good considering and I again added some to my booth display. But I thought about the display for the better part of three months and knew it was lacking. So I set out to build a display that not only showed some of my ability, but was functional as well. I think I may have screwed up and got it right. This display features two doors that fold shut and lock in place. The card holder in the center is removeable so the doors can shut. When the doors are shut, you can stand the display up on its end, there is a handle on the other end with wheels at the opposite to make transportaion easier.
Here are some pictures empty. Pictures arent the best, sorry

#1700 God's Speed my brother

misfire

And here it is ready for a show. One more thing I will add will be a sign over the top of the center and will post pictures when I get it finished

pitw

Looks really good to me. :bowingsmilie:  If you were to put that booth up at one of our local gun shows I believe it would look like the first picture halfway through the first day.  The only call seller we have around here is a crimson amphibian selling ecallers that are illegal to use here for hunting.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

Holy Smokes nice set up you have there
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

frshwtr

nice set up, some really pretty duck calls. hey now we camers and action; you know some turkeys comeing to the call or ducks with wings set, like maybe a little home video on a small dvd player; it will also give the people a sound to match with the calls.

Bob D

Your display case is very impressive. Your call tree really shows off your calls. I bet it's hard keeeping folks hands out of it. That's a great way to display your goods.

misfire

Quote from: frshwtr on June 27, 2008, 05:31:38 AM
nice set up, some really pretty duck calls. hey now we camers and action; you know some turkeys comeing to the call or ducks with wings set, like maybe a little home video on a small dvd player; it will also give the people a sound to match with the calls.

I am too cheap to pay the extra money for power. If you havent done a show before, they charge you for EVERYTHING!!! Power, phone line, tables, chairs, etc.

pitw,
Where are you located? I am not against traveling

Hawks Feather

That does look like not only a great way to exhibit your calls for sale, but it would also be a nice way to show off a collection.  Good work.

Jerry

misfire

I have a guy that contracted me to build him a duck call display to put in his curio cabinet. Gonna be a challenge as all he told me was that he wanted to display 30 calls on one shelf but didnt have a lot of room.
Like I said previously, I like to work with wood. Basspro wanted me to build aline of furniture to put in their Atlanta store and I turned them down. They looked at a coffee table I had made that was solid oak. On the ends I scrollsawed a woodduck swimming through a swamp, on the other end was a pair of mallards flying out of some cattails. I also laminated some duck calls to the legs ( wish I could find the picture, it was a nic piece). I sold that table for $450, but they were gonna want me to give it to them for $120 or there abouts so they could add their mark-up. I am a one man shop and that wouldnt be business smart of me.

misfire

One more thing. A lot of my calls are more of a collectors piece, although each and every one of them is something made to hunt with. I have a call drying right now that I am about to finish up. The wood is called "red Mallee" from Australia. I found a local guy who stocks this as well as many different burls from Australia and Viet Nam. Red mallee is a beautiful red wood with small inclusions in it. I filled the inclusions with silver. Awesome contrast. This call will hunt, but for the price someone will have to pay, I am sure it will be a mantle piece. As a callmaker, I prefer you hunt with ALL of my calls, so dont tell me it is going on a shelf :eyebrownod:

Rprince

Nice work misfire!  :bowingsmilie:
Where are you from? Those calls look familiar to me.
What type of toneboard do your duck calls have? Single, double, both?

FinsnFur

Definitely got a knack for the wood working dont ya? :eyebrownod:

Looks good....looks real good. Your gonna fit in here quite well. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

misfire

Rprince,
I live in Cumming, GA. All of my soundboards are Arkansas style single reeds.

Jim,
Definitely a compliment if I can fit in around here with these talented individuals. My wife thinks I may be part beaver

Rprince

Quote from: misfire on June 27, 2008, 11:10:30 AM
Rprince,
I live in Cumming, GA. All of my soundboards are Arkansas style single reeds.

Good deal on the single reeds they are definatelymy favorite!  :yoyo:

Cumming is a nice town, I've been to a few rodeos there a few years ago.

misfire

Its growing beyond imagination now. I live right up from the fairgrounds. Went to that rodeo once, wasnt impressed enough to ever go back. I rode for 8 years myself and seem to be too critical I guess

Rprince

You're right, it could be a lot better, course most IPRA rodeos left a lot to be desired.
The best I remember there was always a big crowd at that rodeo but it didn't draw the best cowboys.

misfire

Yeah, I rode ACA and PRCA events my entire career. Wasnt any good though, but I sho had fun tryin :biggrin:

Rprince

Cool!
I rode mainly IPRA & PCA & a few jackpots. I rode up until about 4 years ago (when I got married & had kids!). I started in Jr. Rodeos in 1990.

What years did you ride? I rode every event in high school & then rode broncs & steer wrestled when I graduated. Bulldogging was the only thing I was ever real good at but I sure did like geting on saddle bronc horses.

I'm probably gonna start back in a year or 2 when the kids get big enough to go. I'll just bulldog & rope from here on out though.

misfire

Well, since I am just a little bit older than you :roflmao: I rode back in the 80s, bulls only, a horse was too damned high to fall from :eyebrownod: