• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Blood Wood and Bois de Rose

Started by YoteCoaxer, July 06, 2008, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoteCoaxer

Here is a call I am working on for my father in-law. We will be taking a trip to Missouri to see him and my wife asked me if I would make a call to take to him. I hope he'll like it. :shrug: Like I said, I am still working on it, but it was close enough to being done that I thought I would share with ya'll.

This call has a Blood Wood barrel with a Bois de Rose mouth piece.

Thanks for lookin' and have a great week!
Mike

Todd Rahm

Looks good Yote with one concern. I noticed in the last pic ya can see lines in the lighting mark on the call. Past experience has told me it could be a multipul of things, but generally its in the finish. The other thing I know for sure is sometimes it shows up in the pic but ya can't see it in the hand.  :wink: If its something ya can't see while your holding it under a light source, send it on and he'll be a happy camper.  :congrats:

Nice shape to the barrel of the call.  :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

I like the shape of the call Nice job
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

frshwtr

like the shape, havent visioned much of the bois de rose but it makes a good combination. actually wouldnt mind seeing a picture of the mouth piece up closer to get a better look at that type of wood. you know the easiest way to do this is if your father-in-law would like a different kind of call you could send tyhis one to me. nice turn.

Hawks Feather

Nice looking call.  Is this a two piece like your other calls?  If so, is the mouthpiece going over the base or into the base?  The reason I ask is the color change inside the mouthpiece in the third picture.

Jerry

ohioyotehntr

Great job! I'm sure he will like it.
Nice try frshwtr.
Dusty "Dirt" Ford
Dirt's Custom Calls

YoteCoaxer

Thanks guy's!

quote: "I noticed in the last pic ya can see lines in the lighting mark on the call"

Todd, you and Jerry have a good eye for detail! A final finish was one of the things I still had left to do on this call.

Jerry, yes this is a two piece call...the mouth piece is going into the base. The difference in color you are seeing is because the bore for the reed sleeve is unfinished.

frshwtr, the Bois de Rose wood is fairly dark after you apply the finish, but it finishes up better than any other wood I have used so far...I am definitely going to be doing some more calls with it.
Mike

HaMeR

That is a very nice call. I think he'll be happy with it too. If not you can always sell it here!!  :eyebrownod:  The lines in the last pic appear to be CA finish related. But no matter what I think those woods go very nice together & I really like the shape.  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11