• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bloody Bite

Started by Tjones, July 08, 2008, 08:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjones

Here is a bite reed call made from Blood Wood. I am liken this Blood Wood, man it turns nice, sands and finishes great and does not stink, the pics are not the best, I was losing light fast last night, and I have not had time to get the lights like Al suggested,,,by the way the flowers are my wifes :biggrin:

A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

YoteCoaxer

Dude, that is a beautiful call, and awesome color in that wood!
Mike

turkhunter

Nice call. What finish do you have on it? Turkhunter

John_NY

Bloodwood is my favorite wood so far atleast. I really like the looks of it and you made that call shine. Looks great.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Bills Custom Calls

Nice call  :eyebrow:

What did you say your using for finish
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

THO Game Calls

Nice design on that call - very sharp.  I'm not a big fan of the heavy dip or spray type finishes, but that call looks very nice and could easily change my mind :)    Great job!

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Tjones

Thanks guys for the kind words, in my limited experience I have found Blood Wood to be one of my favorites, I have a few ideas rattling around in my head on some glue ups with it,

I did find one wood I won't use again, East Indian Rosewood, it had some cool figure and purple, tan , colors in it I went to finish it, put the first coat on and it darked up and went flat, you could hardly see any of the charecter in the wood, so I sanded it complety down again trying to salvage it, tried a different finish, building up layer after layer, and it looked the same ,,flat and kinda brown,,,it now has its own spot on my ever growing "Shelf of Misfits"
A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

FinsnFur

RRRrrreal nice. Those are awesome reeds too. Where'd ya pick em up?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tjones

Those reeds came from Reese