• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got a couple toys

Started by Bopeye, June 27, 2009, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Don't have pictures yet, but I had to buy me a Remington 700 ADL short action in 22-250. It shoots pretty good.
Also got a Stoeger semi auto 12 gauge. Don't have it in my possession yet, but am looking forward to it's arrival.

Anyone have either of these guns? If so, let's hear what you think. Your not gonna hurt my feelings either way.  :wink:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

Did you get the Stoeger 2000, Bopeye?   I don't own one but I have heard of them.  They are pretty much a Benelli clone.  I was told that when new you might see some cycling problems.  Failure to feed, eject, that type of thing and it may like certain shells better than others.  The gun just needs to be shot a lot to smooth things out.  Also a silicone based lube helps.

Overall the Stoeger 2000 is an excellent gun and way cheaper than a Benelli.  Lots of duck hunters use them.  I think it is an excellent choice.  My $.02.

HaMeR

I've heard the same thing about the Stoeger. I've heard that a couple boxes of turkey loads breaks the cycling action in & they work fine from that point on. Congrats on the new toys Bop.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

Bop & I took the 700/22-250 to the range last weekend. Before adjusting the scope, he put the rifle on the Lead Sled and fired a three shot group @ 100 yards. As I watched through the spotting scope I couldn't believe the rifle was grouping so badly. Only one bullet, out of three, appeared on target.
I know James is a real good shot, the 700's have been proven to be accurate rifles.  I thought to myself the barrel must be bad. :sad: That was until I turned the spotting scope up to 60x, what I saw quickly dissolved all my negative thoughts. That one hole was just a tiny bit larger than what a .224 bullet hole should normally be. James had put all three shots into the same hole.   :dance: :dance: :dance:
Before I told him the good news I thought I would play with his head a little... Man, James that rifle is a POS :rolleye: you want ta' sell it? :innocentwhistle:  :laf:

For some reason I feel that little rifle won't be going into my gun vault anytime soon. :nono:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Here's a snap shot I took of the Remington today. Not overly flattering, but I wanted to show it anyway.  :innocentwhistle:

Oh yeah, I hear ya squawking there Big Rooster Chet.  :laf:

HaMeR

Aint a bad lookin rig Bop!! A little camo paint & she's predator ready!!

One lucky group doesn't make that rifle a shooter Chet!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Bop,

If that gun is shooting three rounds and only making one hole you don't want to keep it.  Just think about it for a minute - do you have a 60 power scope?  If not how will you be able to see the holes that it makes.  Get yourself a gun that will have a larger group (more than one hole) so you will be able to see the shots without needing that large power spotting scope.  I think there are many around that will give you "more holes" per target.  When you find the gun that will do this you will no longer need the one that can only shoot one hole and you can sell it.

Jerry

P.S.  By the way, I am interested in this "poor" shooter when you get your new rifle that shoots a pattern like your new shotgun.

alscalls

I think it may have been the big ol sand bag behind it........ :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

nastygunz

I gots a stoeger m2000 semi 12 gauge if thats what you have Boppinator...VERY happy with it...I bought it mostly for more firepower with crows....Ive shot a sheetload of shells from lo brass cheap crow shells to 3 inch buckshot....nary a twitch...no jams no issues at all....fast as hell...slayed crows with it...my brother borrowed it for turkey season...i have a stoeger o/u 12 too and again no problems at all...but im a big fan of the semi!! and here she is:

Bopeye

That's the shotgun Nasty.  :yoyo:

Frogman

Sounds like you got a couple of winners there Bopeye!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Jeb

Thats what I like to see, Bop getting ready for hunting season !!  :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats:  I hope your back continues to heal brother.
                                                     Jeb

Bopeye

Thanks Jeb. It does feel good to be looking forward again and planning instead of dreading each new day.  :yoyo: