• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

some more 4 wheelin

Started by bigben, September 07, 2008, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

went out and hit some mud holes at my buddies house this mornin.  even with hanna comin through and givin us a nice soaking we still were hard pressed to find mud.  the first mudhole normally has about a 1.5 of water in it and it looked like a dried up mud puddle but there was plenty of gooey stuff in there.  the last mud hole we were in is actually were they used to take trucks through and DEP gave em heck so no more.  but we found that the bog is still as bottomless as it was years ago.  I stepped off my rincon to see how deep it was and I sunk up past my knee.  it is that bottomless kind of mud.  nasty stuff.  my uncle is the one on the canam and he has never really roded a quad he was a dirt bike kinda guy when he was a kid.  he wanted to test out his new 27" xtr mudlites and he found out what his canam can somewhat do.  he needs more seat time though.  I found out though I need to instal a reverse override switch soon though.  never was in a predicament until today.  man is it fun to run in the mud.

a few weeks ago I decided to head to the local state forest trail system.  there is a trail there that is considered a black trail but I would rate it a double black.  if you roll off the edge of this trail you will either fall twenty or more feet or roll for a bit.  I started up this trail by myself and then met up with another fellow atv'r that was on a king quad.  he was on three wheels more times then four.he was loving every minute of it. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Mallardsr

That last place looks like a great spot to tear up a good 4wd. :biggrin: RP

CCP

QuoteThat last place looks like a great spot to tear up a good 4wd.

Reggie I think the jeep could make it with out tearing it up :biggrin:

Ben THANKS for sharing I like 4wheelin and rock climbing. Did allot of mud slinging in the Fla swamps years ago.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

bigben

the last one is a bit hairy for me.  this guy also runs rocks up state in a toyota 4runner.  it seemed the closer he was to about rollin it he was smilin wider and wider.  I kinda like the mud though.  if ya fall off in that then ya don't hurt as much.  in the first part of the second vid is very close to where I rolled it.  I tried coming up the hill on the left side and did not make it. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

alscalls

Ive seen worse.......looks like fun!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

I would think those flint looking rocks would really cut the tires up :confused:
But it sure looks like some good callin country :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

yeah that trail has been known to pinch a tire bead and get ya flat quick.  it is definately nice calling country.  I have seen a lot of sign on these trails.  this is actually bootmuds territory.  he lives closer then I do but I normally hit it atleast once a year. 

bigben

ya might like this then CCP.  this was a private bog at a undisclosed location. 

KySongDog

Nothing like a good mud bog, beer, and friends!   :biggrin:

It looks to me like a few of those trucks could use a Detroit locker in the front and rear.   :eyebrownod: