• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Heading to Nebraska

Started by Rich, October 02, 2008, 10:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Todd Borland of Minaska Outdoors has invited me  to do a little bit of coyote calling with him. I purchased my Nebraska hunting license via online method, and am now waiting for Todd to return my phone call. If all goes well, I will be pointing the Dodge 4X4 toward Brainard tomorrow morning. A FoxPro rep. teamed up with a Minaska man should make a dandy team don't ya think. I may just wear my camo FoxPro hat just for giggles. No politics involved on this trip.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Hawks Feather

Rich,

Sounds like a good time.  As for the politics, I am glad to see that you are doing this.  Have fun.

Jerry

possumal

Have a great trip Rich.  Kill a bunch of those Nebraska yotes. Don't forget your camera. :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

I saw where y'all were talkin' about it on that other board.  Hope you kill a bunch.  :yoyo: 

Maybe y'all could have a duel between FP and Minaska.   Put both callers out and see which one the yote runs to.    :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Geez, your so close to the Nebraska border, that shouldn't be but an hour an a half drive for ya.

Have fun and we WILL be expecting some pics :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on October 02, 2008, 11:51:40 AM
Maybe y'all could have a duel between FP and Minaska.   Put both callers out and see which one the yote runs to.    :roflmao:

Rich,

If you do this just make sure that you don't take any of your calls along.  If you do they will ignore both the electronics and come to visit you.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Bopeye

Be nice to my fellow huskers Rich.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

iahntr

That's cool Rich
Have a good time
Scott
Scott

Rich

Well guys, I had a nice visit with Todd Borland and saw a lot of beautiful country.  We made two calling stands, but no takers. My old legs couldn't handle another stand, so we ate lunch while using the tail gate of Todd's truck for a picnic table. It is legal to  call  coyotes  at night in nebraska, but the light must be portable, and can't be connected to your vehicle. The Borland brothers take advantage of that once in awhile. Once the farm crops are out of the fields, I will be going back for another hunt with Todd. I have other contacts in nebraska, so now that I have my non resident license, I hope to hit some of those other nebraska locations. I need to drop off some pounds, and if these old knees heal up, I may even be able to handle THREE calling stands.  :eyebrownod:  Just one important piece of advice for you all---Don't ever get old, or you will live to regret it.  :wink:
Foxpro Field staff

possumal

Rich, I am glad you got to make the trip and enjoyed yourself.  Better times are still ahead for Mr. Cronk.  :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Quote from: Rich on October 04, 2008, 01:47:37 PM
Just one important piece of advice for you all---Don't ever get old, or you will live to regret it.  :wink:

Oh now ya tell me  :doh2:
So tell me, at what point do we realize it's just too late.

Good to hear ya got out and had some fun. Good luck out there next time :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rich

Jim,

When your body breaks down to the point it causes you to wonder if this is getting close to the end of your coyote calling days. For me, it happened at about age 64.  I will be 68 come january, and things ain't looking up yet.  It happens at a different age for different people. I am a fighter sir, but also a realist if ya know what I mean.
Foxpro Field staff

pitw

Glad you went and had a good time.  Killing is not the only joy in life [at least to me].  Maybe you need to get a young fellow like my two boy's into hunting and they can drop you off close to the stand and then move the truck for you.  I know it's working for me and my knee right now.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nailbender

Glad to hear you got out and had some fun Rich.

KySongDog

Glad you had some fun, Rich.   Having a good time is the most important thing to me.  Besides coyotes don't taste worth a dayum anyways.   :biggrin:

Somebody told me once......."Getting old ain't for sissies."    They were right.   :eyebrownod: