• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hawks Feather - A big THANK YOU from some happy kids!!!!

Started by Joel Hughes, October 07, 2008, 10:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel Hughes

You guys know what a great guy Hawks Feather is.  I know I don't have to tell ya.  But I owe that man a huge THANK YOU!!!  You may remember a couple years ago I posted some pictures of the calls he made for my daughter Lexie and the new adopted daughter of a real good friend of mine.  Her name is Mia.  Well, it's also probably not a surprise to you that he wouldn't let me PAY for the beuatiful calls either! :nofgr:  I asked him to make ONE for Mia, but when we got the package, he had made SOME for my daughter Lexie too, and SOME for Mia.  Super nice and special calls.

Well, time went on and that same good friend of mine found out that he and his wife were expecting a daughter.  Alli is due in November.  When I found out, of course, I had to get her a call to match her big sister's.  And I couldn't leave out the big brother, Huston.  So I emailed Jerry and asked if he wouldn't mind fixing them up with something special.

He pulled through once again.  He sent Alli a pink closed reed call and didn't let Huston feel left out by sending him a perfect (more manly) :laf: closed reed call.  I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures.  I finally went over to their house this evening to get the kids together and take some pictures of them with their calls.  If there would have been any coyotes in the neighborhood, I know they would have charged on in. LOL  What an awful...I mean beautiful...sound they were producing.  :eyebrownod:

Well, here are the pictures.  And THANK YOU again Jerry.  These kids and their dads won't ever forget it.  And your generosity does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.  I have a package being sent to you.  I know you would rather I didn't send anything :nofgr: but I think you will like it.

God Bless you all.
Joel Hughes

Since Alli isn't born yet  :laf: my oldest daughter is holding her call (in her left hand).
Here is Huston, Lauren, Mia and Lexie:

Giving them a test drive...
That little black open reed Lauren has is a another special call from years back, gifted to her by BradH.  Thanks again to you too, Brad.

Dang it, I forgot to set Alli's call in this picture.  Didn't realize it till I uploaded the pics.

Joel Hughes

Just a few more pics from this evening....

Huston

Mia

Loved this picture!

Lexie Hughes

Lauren Hughes

KySongDog

Way to go, Yerry!   :yoyo:   You did GOOD!   :congrats: 

Joel,  great lookin' bunch of kids!   :highclap:

FinsnFur

Jerry has got a way of finding his way into a lot of kids hearts. :wink:

Beautiful crew there Joel, thanks for posting em :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

I think Jerry has made more calls for kids than he has for hunters.  My bet is he was a hell of a school principal and the kids really benefited by his being there.   You're a good man Jerry - and a heck of an ambassador for our hobby.

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

HuntnCarve

We would not expect less from Jerry.  He sets the bar very high in all he does, whether it be call making, or in his generosity.  I am proud to call him a friend.  The world needs more people like him...

Dave

Todd Rahm

Thanls for sharing the pics and the storey Joel.

"Jerry walks tall and carries alot of calls."  :biggrin:

Honestly I can't add much more about Jerry then ya others did. Ya perty much nailed it.  :congrats:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Joel,

Well all I can say is that this is one of those threads that is rather hard for me to post in, except to say thanks to you as well for letting me be a small part of the picture of some GREAT looking kids.  They all look happy, and I am sure that it is not just because of the calls, and that is what it is all about.

Jerry

HaMeR

Well said Jerry. I also believe Joel isn't taking nearly enough credit for those smiles. Those smiles started when Joel had his 1st thought about getting the calls.  :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11