• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hippo and more

Started by BigB, October 12, 2008, 11:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I got some brass bands back from the machinist the other day, and decided to install some on a few calls.

Here we have a couple Hippo ivory open reeds.  Toneboards are my own made out of clear acrylic.  And the bands are installed with the ringer tool so they well never come off.

Next is some cocobolo

And some hedge

And lastly, I have some purple acrylic with an aluminum band.  I flame polished the acrylic to get it clear as glass.

All comments welcomed and appreciated. 

Brian

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

iahntr

Everyone of em nice calls Brian, super job.  :congrats: :congrats:
The bands look very nice too.
No cracks in the hippo?  :shrug:  :biggrin:
Scott

FinsnFur

Very nice stuff. Crisp clear and rich looking. Are they for sale?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

BigB

Thanks for the comments fellas.

The hippo tooth did have a crack in it that these two calls were made from.  The it's hard to find a hippo tooth that doesn't have a crack. 

The hippo calls were my first calls from hippo, so I'm gonna keep them.  The other calls aren't for sale yet.  I'm gonna try to call in something with them first to make sure they are worthy of selling.  :biggrin:

Brian

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Hawks Feather

Quote from: BigB on October 12, 2008, 06:42:28 PM

I'm gonna try to call in something with them first to make sure they are worthy of selling.  :biggrin:

Brian

So, if they work they are going to be priced due to their ability and if they don't work they will be priced due to their collector value.  Either way it might end up the same.   :biggrin:

Very nice looking calls and I really do like the looks of the Hippo.

Jerry

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

The hippo tooth did have a crack in it that these two calls were made from.  The it's hard to find a hippo tooth that doesn't have a crack.
yeah that's why I said that with a smiley. I haven't turned any yet, but about all I've seen have a crack in em. I kinda like the "discoloration" and even fine cracks
in em. Makes em look like hippo.   :eyebrownod:
Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 12, 2008, 07:03:42 PM

I'm gonna try to call in something with them first to make sure they are worthy of selling.  :biggrin:

Brian

So, if they work they are going to be priced due to their ability and if they don't work they will be priced due to their collector value.  Either way it might end up the same.   :biggrin:
Jerry
I was thinkin more like, they would be "used" now, so they'd have to be sold for way less then a new call.  :eyebrow:  :biggrin:
Nice job again Brian. Very classy lookin calls.
Scott
Scott

Yotehntr

Brian those are freakin BEAUTIFUL!!! Those hippo tooth calls are extra nice I really like them.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

varmntguy

Very nice lookin calls.
Dan