• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

On the way to Chambersburg, PA...

Started by Coulter, October 21, 2008, 04:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

One of the members of the PA Predator Hunters Assn. ordered a goose call from me...check it out. It will be hitting the post office tomorrow.

Only a couple more calls to finish up then its play time :readthis:

Steve

Silencer

that call is a beauty for sure, love the wood.

frshwtr

as dirty as my goose calls get i wouldnt want to use it. that wood is right pretty; hope you dont mind if i ask what kind it is.

bigben

I am sure jim will like that call.  he really made the one you had at the picnic sing.  sounded real good and looked even better. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Coulter

The wood is figured Cocobolo...if you look closely you will notice the stopper portion has more of a purplish tinge to it, while the barrel is more orangeish. I had originally turned the barrel and stopper at the same time but ended up cracking the original stopper (which is also orange now)  I had to turn another stopper and it has not had sufficient time to be effected by the UV rays yet. In a few more days it will match the barrel perfectly. They were both actually turned from the exact same stick of coco. This stuff is an awesome purplish color when it is freshly turned. I wish I could prevent the color change, but have yet to find a way to do that. I did resort to a method that will prevent stoppers cracking in the future though.

Ben..Jim sure did sound good on that call I had at the picnic. He sounded better than I do on my own calls :rolleye: I have really got to practice more on my calling technique :huh:

Steve

John_NY

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Good lookin call  :yoyo:
Like the figure in that piece.
Nice job.
Scott
Scott

cb223

CHAD

Coulter

Thanks again fellas..Chad your predator calls are halfway done. I'm hoping to get them finished up this weekend and in the mail on Monday. Thens it is time to start playing with some acrylic :wo: This should be fun :huh:

Steve

FinsnFur

I dunno how I missed this one, but that is some beautiful wood. Turned out real slick :yoyo:

Did I hear someone say acrylic? :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Yup...I have a customer that wants a couple duck calls made from acrylic...if all goes well it will likely expand into other types of calls as well. We'll see whta happens.

Steve