• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Weekend contest..

Started by Smith, January 13, 2009, 08:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Got into a calling contest this weekend. We didn't do very well but we didn't get skunked either :congrats:.

Friday night I made a couple  and spotlighted a little. I shot 26 jack rabbits that night and a few porcupines. Saturday I called all day, I made 9 stands. I got one called in but before I got a shot I was winded. The only coyote we got was this one. We got him at 1 a.m We called him in, it was so bright that you didn't need a light to see. We set up in a open field so we could see. He came in to about 220 yards, I dumped him right there :yoyo:. That is the first successful night stand for me, he weighted 29 lbs. This is the first coyote this 204 killed, I just got it last week, I had one before but sold it.

Here is a pic of a pile of pines, there is a total of 17 there. We shot 11 of them that weekend. I had a total of 30 jacks too, but the pines got them covered in the pic :laf:. I made 120 bucks off of the pines, jacks and I got 10 for the coyote.

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Geez, cleaning up on the Pines :eyebrow:
Congrats on the 204's first blood. :congrats: Sounds like ya's had fun :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

vvarmitr

WTG  :thumb2:

Why would someone buy Porkies?  :confused:

pitw

I'm not sure why this fellow paid for the porcupines but our local fur buyer was going to get rich about five years ago by plucking all the gaurd hairs out of them and selling them to some company for crafts and fly tieing.  He had around 150 which made a pile 4 foot high and 8 ft long.  It was getting towards spring and he came around that pile.  He slipped on the ice and came down arm outstretched on the pile.  They were gone the next day.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: I mean  That had to hurt!!  :roflmao: sorry,

Way to Go on the hunt!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

msmith

Very cool! Looks like ya had a ball.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

SCcoyotehunter

Just how do you eat a porcupine anyway?? :wo:

Smith

He sell the gaurd hairs and quills. Gaurd hairs are used for anything from paintbrushes to fishing flies. quills are used is native american bead work.  If I had the patience to pluck the gaurd hairs you can make an extra 10 bucks a pine, but it ain't happenin with me :nofgr:. The jacks are used for jackalopes and lucky rabbits feet.

We had a pile of fun! The next one is in Febuary, my daughter and I are gonna get into it. She is only 11 but I think she'll be able to play with the big dogs :highclap:....we"ll see.

Lucas

Smith

Quote from: FastenalFishing on January 14, 2009, 05:29:59 PM
:confused:       1 bite at a time!!       :roflmao:

Lucas

HaMeR

Quote from: FastenalFishing on January 14, 2009, 05:29:59 PM

:shrug:  With long handled utensils??  :laf: