• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

INTERESTING TECHNIQUE...

Started by nastygunz, November 05, 2008, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Fox/Coyote driving is another way to hunt  that is becoming quite popular in many places. It offers a faster pace and requires no special equipment or skills. A few friends, and possibly a dog or two, is all that you will need, and you use similar hunting plans and techniques as on a whitetail deer drive. Place your posters on logical escape routes such as river or creek bottoms, hedgerows, ditches or even open fields, and start the drivers beating the brush. Foxes/Coyotes will break cover when pressured and will often run across an open field for safety.

Silencer

During rifle deer season when we drive at least one stander always gets a pop at a coyote so it does work.

vvarmitr

Talked to a guy at the range one day & he was tellin me they get several each year that way.  :wo:

pitw

I've heard the old timer's say they used to do it with the whole community.  Literally pushed square miles of land and they killed a lot.  I think maybe the brown jug and age blurred some of the memories.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

I bet using google earth and such to look over the lay of the land you could do some really effective drives.

Bopeye

That would be cool in heavily infested problem areas. I might have to try that one day.

Would take the fun out of calling though.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

There a LOT of that going on here.
But these guys turn dogs loose to do the driving, and then they set in their trucks watching the logical openings. They discuss what they see over CB radios and adjust their locations accordingly.
They bag a lot of coyotes every year :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LORDDAL

hey Jim you sure you weren't watching a bunch of Bear hunters in WV that how they work around here sitin in the truck with the radio antenna hangin out to track the dogs not my idea of huntin why thats almost like hunting deer over the internet wheres the fun  :madd:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

iahntr

That's how most people do it around here. Except they don't usually do it in the timbers,
that would mean getting out and walking. They usually surround the sections,  drive down every creek line,
fence line, and terrace, and radio any action to each other. They get a lot doing it that way.
I'd rather call myself.
I'd do it the way your talkin, like deer huntin here, except I don't think I could find that many people that'd wanna walk,
to effectively do it.   :nono:
Scott

nailbender

Quote from: pitw on November 05, 2008, 05:00:57 PM
I've heard the old timer's say they used to do it with the whole community.  Literally pushed square miles of land and they killed a lot.  I think maybe the brown jug and age blurred some of the memories.
The local paper has a yesteryear section. I've seen reports of the local fox hunt, 1933 I think, took like 170 red fox!

FinsnFur

Thats exactly how they do it Charles. Not all of them are wired, but you got er. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com