• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

this mornings catch

Started by cathryn, December 10, 2008, 07:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

we got alot of rain last night so the water was up a bit. we checked 6 traps so far and heres what we caught.

no smartazz comments please, i know to some of you it was only a possum but Alexys dug the pocket and baited it and i set the trap.

shes proud of it and im proud of her.

believe it or not she told me where to make the set.

shes really picking up on things alot more this year like location.

we set it loose cause it wasnt very big.

KySongDog

There better not be any smartazz comments.  :nofgr:

That is a beautiful picture!   I can see why you are proud of her.   She done good!    Congrats to Alexys.   :congrats:

pitw

Great pic's and I like seeing your child out doing the good life.  Haven't got any of them grinner's here so they look good to me too.  Is that big mouth on them strong?  Look's like they sould eat steel to me.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Tell Alexys congratulations on not only the catch, but knowing where to set the trap.   :highclap:   :highclap:   You can also tell her that she is braver than I am because I really don't want to grab a live possum's tail - even if it is in a trap.   Cute picture.

Jerry

cathryn

it was already out of the trap when she was holding it by the tail,lol.

cathryn

they can definitely do some damage with their teeth but most of them are docile when caught. every now and then you get one that wants to take ya on.

i always check them by picking them up first by the tail fore i let her get near em.

Silencer

I remember as a youngin catching, skinnin, stretchin and selling them grinners.  If I can recall correctly I got 2 bucks a piece for them. 

Priceless picture !!!    :highclap:

HaMeR

Congratulations & I hope that picture gets framed & hung on the wall.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

Awesome pic Cathryn..I only wish my daughters still trapped with me. She looks to be catching on nicely. Keep up the great work :yoyo:

Steve

WhiteHare

Nice job Alexys.  I remember the grinners I caught as a youngun would hiss like crazy.
I was much older than you before I would grab one by the tail.

Keep up the good work Cathryn.

Richard
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

ohiodeer

Great pic! Congrats to the young lady.
BOWHUNTING JUNKY!

Frogman

That's really neat!!  I like it when the kids get involved.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

Very cool !!  :congrats:  :congrats:
She sure is a cutie !

I remember catchin my first possum when I was young.
Up in an old haymow with no lights, climbin up there and shinin
the light on him, man that thing looked evil to me !    :laf: :laf:
Scott

FinsnFur

I'm scared to reply for fear you'll beat me down cathryn :sad: Why ya gotta be so hard on us? You know how stupid we are when we aint plugged into a genius. :laf:

Ok, that's the extent of my smart comments. Now let me say that you have every reason to be proud of her. I know my girls wouldnt go near the thing :eyebrownod:
And I adore the fact that she's willing to pick up on this stuff with you. I commend you both. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Nice job Alexys!! :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: Definitely proud of ya both :congrats: :congrats:  Any pic of that beautiful girl needs a frame. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

cathryn

thansk guys,. all of you have been very nice and supportive. i read her your posts of congratulations and encouragement.