• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Frogman's new calls

Started by Frogman, December 19, 2008, 02:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I have recently been fortunate enough to have added 5 new custom mouth calls to my lanyard and I wanted to show them off to you guys.  I am in awe of how some of you craft these calls so that they look really good and sound good as well.  Here they are . . . .

They are, from left to right, two by Yotehntr, one by bnccont, the shotgun shell call by Alpenliter, and one from alscalls.  They are all awesome and sound great.

Above are the two calls I ordered from Yotehntr.  When I placed the order he told me he was working on a new different tone board so I ended up ordering two calls, one with each kind of toneboard.   Wow am I happy I did that.  These calls are works of art.  The one on the left is a red oak barrel with his standard toneboard.  It is a little lower pitched.  The one on the right is spalted hackberry with his new higher pitched toneboard.  They both sound great.  I just need to keep practicing so I can do them justice.  Great calls that Yotehntr obviously put a lot of time and effort into. 

Next is a call made by bnccont.  Man this thing sounds good.  It has a wide range of possible sounds from prey distress to howls.  I can even get it to do deer bleats.  Very versatile call that looks great too.  I don't know how Bill turns the barrel funnel so thin?? 

Alpenliter's shotgun shell call.  This closed reed call is really neat.  It was made inside a 10 gauge shotgun shell.  There is a wooden barrel expertly fitted inside the plastic part of the shell with the reed fitted in the polished high brass.  You blow through the primer hole to get a really great sounding rabbit in distress sound.  This call came to me thanks to the LORDDAL raffle.  Thanks guys!!

Finally the Alscalls call.  I live closer to alscalls than to any one else on the board.  I fell in love with his calls when he brought one to show me when I was in the hospital back  in the summer.  I couldn't resist trying it out right then and there.  It was very effective on the nurses, they heard the sound and came a running!!  Thanks again to the LORDDAL raffle I now have one of Al's calls to call my own.  Talk about a versatile call this one can do it all.  I just got it today and havn't played with it much, but I can get high pitched prey sounds, pup in distress sounds, high and low pitched howls, and fawn distress sounds from it.  My buddy who helped me skin and quarter  the deer I killed yesterday wants me to talk alscalls into making one just like it for him.

Thanks to all the call makers who put so much time and effort into designing and making calls that not only look good but, more importantly, sound great as well.  I got these calls in time for LBL.  Now I just need to practice with them so I can call in some coyotes!!  Some of my hunting "buddies" are all the time giving me a hard time because of the way my howling sounds.  I owe it to these new calls to learn how to get it right.  I sure won't be able to blame it on the calls!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Froggie, you are right that the calls are great looking and I'll bet they sound just as good as they look.  You have to remember to not be saying "Ribot" when you call. Somebody might gig you.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

Ha! Ha! possumal, aren't you the funny one.   :innocentwhistle:  Maybe that is what is wrong with my howls??? :shrug:  These are some great calls though!

Jim

pitw

If those call's sound as good as they look you are a shoe in to kill some coyote's.  That shotgun shell call is the sister to the one my boy used to call the coyote out into the lake that I got the picture's of and Braz is the builder.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

I want to know who in the HECK went and gave Frogman a howler??????!!!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Practice Jimbo Practice (at Home) :innocentwhistle: :laf:

I hope you kill some with those calls and give that FP a break :eyebrow:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

The Shotgun shell call is made by, he goes by Alpenliter on this board

Thanks for the kind words Jim

We want to see pics of the animals killed with them calls  :biggrin:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Yotehntr

Quote from: bnccont on December 19, 2008, 05:21:37 PM
We want to see pics of the animals killed with them calls  :biggrin:
Ditto on what Bill said!

:yoyo: You rock Frogman!  :yoyo: I know we're all glad you like them! Thanks Bud!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

I hope I can accomodate you guys with some pictures of predators kille with these calls.  I intend to start each stand with at least one of them!!  But, remember, these WV coyotes are really tough to get into your gunsight!  May take me a while if my past success (or lack thereof) is any indicater!?!?

I did make a stand near the house on Thursday morning 12/18/08.  I used both mouth calls and the Scorpion.  No success??  The wind was really not good for that location.  It has been tough to get out due to deer seasons still being in and all the rain we have been having.  Al has some days off over the Christmas break and we are planning to get out for a few stands, blaze orange and all??  Guess I just need to drag the recliner out on the porch and try calling from there?? :innocentwhistle:

Jim

alscalls

I like how you display the calls in your coyote/deer blind......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Some nice looking toys right there. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: bnccont on December 19, 2008, 05:21:37 PM
The Shotgun shell call is made by, he goes by Alpenliter on this board

:bi

You are sooo right Bill and I apologize to everyone for my frightening error. :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

Thanks guys for clearing up who made the shotgun shell call.  Made by Alpenliter!!

Jim

John_NY

You sure ended up with a great set of calls.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.