• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

HO HO HO....IN THE FIELD PIX

Started by nastygunz, December 25, 2008, 08:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

WELL XMAS TURNED OUT TO BE A BRIGHT SUNNY BLUE SKY DAY.....ONLY IMPERFECTION WAS A STIFF WIND BLOWING...BUT SEEING WE ARE CELEBRATING HE WHO MADE THIS ALL ON THIS SPECIAL DAY...I CAN LIVE WITH THE WIND... ;)...I SLIPPED OUT FOR A FEW HOURS OF BEING IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS AND TRYING TO CALL IN A FOX...SAW SOME GREAT SCENERY...GOT SOME EXERCISE BUT ALL THE FOXES ARE STILL DOING WHAT FOXES DO...AND HERES SOME PIX I TOOK TODAY....

AT THIS SPOT I ALMOST THOUGHT I SAW MOVEMENT...AND I HEARD A SQUIRREL REALLY SCOLDING OFF ON SOMETHING ABOUT 80-100 YARDS AWAY FROM ME IN THE PINES....I WAS ON THE READY AND LOOKING HARD BUT NOTHING CAME IN.....I THINK I HAD A VISITOR...BUT NOTHING CERTAIN...I WAS USING THE FX3 WITH THE YELLOWHAMMER.....STARTED OFF WITH SOME MOUSE SQUEAKS FIRST....LET THE FX3 PLAY AWHILE....THEN SWITCHED OVER TO JS GREY FOX PUP...LET THAT RIP..NOTHING...I WAS HUNTING ALONG A BIG BEAVER POND WITH SOME GOOD LOW COVER ON ONE SIDE AND BIG TIMBER ON THE OTHER...GOOD FISHER CAT COUNTRY ALSO....

I WAS TARGETING HEAVY BRUSH TYPE COVER BY SWAMPS TODAY BECAUSE OF THE HEAVY WINDS AND LESS SNOW..I CALL THIS SPOOKY GNARLY OLD TREE THE WITCH TREE....LOOKS LIKE ITS BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME...WISH IT COULD TALK...

THIS SPOT IS SERIOUSLY THICK...I USE THE 835 ULTIMAG WITH 3 1/2 #4 BUCK SHOT TO POUND A HOLE THROUGH THIS STUFF...NAILED A GORGEOUS RED FOX HERE 2 YEARS AGO...ON A CIRCE 3 IN 1 MOUTH CALL USING THE CLOSE RANGE REED...

THIS IS AN OLD UNUSED SMALL SANDPIT WITH SOME HEAVY COVER AND A SMALL BEAVER DAM

MID SUMMER I SAW A RED FOX RUN ACROSS THE ROAD RIGHT BESIDE THIS CORNFIELD WITH A SWAMP BORDERING IT...SEEN TRACKS AND FOX SHAT..HES IN THE PLAN ")

NOW I FEEL LIKE ONE OF THE AFRICAN PYTHONS THAT JUST ATE A GAZELLE...HAHA PRIME RIB AND BEER DO THAT TO A MAN...TIME FOR SOME R&R (recliner & remote)...HAHA ")

FinsnFur

Nice :yoyo: Real Nice!
Looks like some of my favorite spots here.

So is that ice thick enough to cross, sure dont look it
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

HAPPY HOLIDAYS JIMBO....I havent seen anyone around here out on the ice anywheres...its been raining ...bitter cold..snowing...raining.....now I know your a fisherman...picture that ice gone and daylight just starting to show and working the edge of that pond with a flyrod or spinners and native brookies rising everywhere....one of my favorite all around spots...good duck spot also.

possumal

Nasty, that sure is pretty up there, especially those snow scenes in the woods.  I know you enjoy that country every time out, critters responding or not.  Mighty fine!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

It sure beats the hell out of being cooped up in an office all day I can tell ya !......I never dreamed growing up like a wild indian in VT that some day id be a ....GASP...office feller  :shck:

pitw

Quote from: nastygunz on January 02, 2009, 04:00:04 PM
It sure beats the hell out of being cooped up in an office all day I can tell ya !......I never dreamed growing up like a wild indian in VT that some day id be a ....GASP...office feller  :shck:

With that pretty country to play in I'd quit.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Although, good looking, educated, charming, witty, a dead shot with anyhting, an ace woodsman and all around nice guy, I still have to work for a living  :sad3:........... :innocentwhistle:

pitw

Gotta kinda/sorta hate being responsible on top of all your other attributes :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

possumal

Now Nasty, did you really mean "anyhting"?  Heck, with all those other wonderful attributes, a slight mistake on the keyboard has to be accepted by all!  :roflmao: :laf: :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

Theres only one perfect person Possumal........NO, NO I dont mean Jim Champion I mean the fella wut runs the Big Forum in the Sky........ :biggrin:

p.s. Although Jim Champion is pretty cool  :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

ok, no more smoking pot before you post on the board
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

You mean a FATTY..............Or cooking?............ :roflmao: