Main Menu

night hunting

Started by topdawg, January 05, 2009, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

i have a few ????
1. what states allow night hunting yotes ....as far as you no
2. What can i or we do to get the state of ky to allow night hunting yotes
the state allows con hunting at night ...there is no season on yotes, no limit on yotes, but you still cant hunt them at night ...that dont make a whole lot of damn sense to me  :mad2:

thanks for the help
Jeremy Thompson
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

alscalls

Jan. 1st to July 31st. here we can hunt them at night but rim fire and shotguns only.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

topdawg

so in wv you cant hunt yotes 1/1 to 7/31
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

LORDDAL

sure can topdawg but like Al said they limit or weapon choices to rimfires and shotgun and must use a red lens on your light myself I am waiting till tax time to get my new night setup NV goggles
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Frogman

topdog,

In WV we can hunt coyotes all year round in the daytime.  Jan. 1 to July 31 we can also hunt them at night with the stipulations Al posted.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

And at night......Open fields only......daytime you can hunt the thick stuff but only during another open hunting season. the rest of the year it is open fields only :rolleye:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Randy Buker got a posse together a couple years ago and gave it a go in Minnesota. It takes a lot of people and a tremendous amount perseverance. I can remember him struggling to get others involved as he wrote letters and passed petitions.

Sadly the majority was lazy with it all and wanted the bill passed but didn't have much time or effort to put forth.
"Let me know when it passes" type of deal.
Most people looking to head something like this up have no idea of the amount of persistence it requires, and how fast people are going to drop off the band wagon when asked to help or step forward.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

In most states the deer hunting is the big money maker.  I think the DNR is worried about night time deer poachers and that is why some of the night coyote hunting laws are as they are.  They feel it is hard to prove someone is poaching and not coyote hunting???  Here in WV the DNR has public meetings to get input about the game laws, but I'm not sure they pay much attention to the input they get.  As coyotes become more of a problem for land owners some of these goofy laws might change, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

topdawg

here in ky i can call coons all night long when season is in ....if i wanted to shot a deer then i would say i was coon hunting ...... its ok for lights for one thing just not for the other
:shrug:

topdawg

if nothing else you should be able to hunt yotes on private land how ever you wanted

topdawg

when we was in the FUR TAKERS AS. my dad went to a few meeting with "i think it was called" the league of kentucky sportsmen to help get better trap reg. does n e one in ky no someone now involved in the league of kentucky sportsmen

Jimmie in Ky

The league of Ky sportsmen is our main problem. We had a version of night hunting I could live with, but it was shot down with thier help.As a landowner with a problem you can do about anything you want after contacting kdfwr.

I was one of a very few people that tried to fight this.  My commisioner would not even meet with me. Jimmie

LBLDOG

I sure wish there was a way to change it, even open fields would be great. I wish there was a way to get a petition of hunters across the state of Ky to sign and show interest in this issue. I agree they probably would try to say about deer poaching but really thats a bunch of CRAP  a person thats going to break the law is going to break it NO matter what. A person that rides around and spot lights deer or shoots from the road is not a hunter anyway !!!!!!!!

cb223

Michigan seasons

Coyote, (daytime) July 15 - April 15
Fox, October 15 - March 1
Nighttime predator, October 15 - March 1.   Shotgun and rimfire only at night and we can use a light.
CHAD

Hawks Feather

Ohio - no closed season:  Coyote Hunting.  No daily bag limit.  If hunted during the deer gun season, hours and legal hunting devices are the same as for deer gun season.

Jerry