• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Estrus Chirps

Started by FinsnFur, January 31, 2009, 08:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Gerry,
I think my western drawl is worse than yours. I didn't detect any northern accent in YOUR voice though. We talk normal, it is everyone else that talks funny.  :laf:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

SCcoyotehunter

Carolina Coyote

Jimbo, Don't know if its my computer or What? when I click on this thing the guy starts talking for about three or four words and then the video stops and 4 or 5 little dots starts circling in the center of the video for 25 or 30 seconds and the guys says about 3 or 4 more words and repeat on the circling,?  Am I doing something wrong? I have been wanting to hear someone make these chirps but this video is not working for me. CC

FinsnFur

It's your internet connection Carl. It must not be a fast enough connection for you to stream it. It's an extremely large file. But that's why it streams. Which means plays as it downloads, but your connection must not be able to even keep it coming in fast enough to do that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nightwatchman

well i finally got around to making my first post.. :biggrin:.... ive been sneaking around for a month or so here... i cant view the video file at work but i am curious what the chirps are signaling in the coyote vocalization... is this strictly used during the breeding season(hense:estrus chirp)....   i have the female whimpers on my fx5 and have used it on a stand or two this year at the end of a sequence but have had no takers.
when should this sound be used ?

Carolina Coyote

Thanks JIM, I tried it again today and it worked just fine. cc

ilcoyote

what a joke.  That sound sounds like shit! beep beep. there is so much bull shit in that video. 

Rich

nightwatchman ,
I didn't watch  enough of the above video to hear the sound that the guy calls an estrous chirp. I picked up on enough of his words to know that he is not exactly correct regarding the so called "chirp". Although I do not doubt that coyotes make the sound when mating or wanting to mate, but I can tell you that the sound is made at other times also.  The sound is made at other times also.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

FinsnFur

Come on Stan, tell us how ya really feel.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com