• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lake Bowen,Spartanburg, SC 61 Crappie

Started by SCcoyotehunter, February 14, 2009, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

The weather is warming up here in South Carolina. The crappie were getting active this week. We caught these today in about 3 hours. A friend of mine came and took over our spot after I left and he caught another 30 or so. We used hair jigs about 1" long with chartruse hair and a little reflective body(foil) red head, 1/8oz jigs. We caught these under a bridge about 5-8 ft from the surface. The bite was very light, but we use the Bill Dance series TAT crappie rods. This stands for Tap action Tip and believe me, well worth the money. You can feel a crappie's stomach growling as hes about eating your jig with these poles. Plus the fight is great also.
Wish ya'll were here, these are now all cleaned up and in the fridge. Their next destination, the fry'in pan.
Davo

alscalls

WOW ........Wish I were there!......too cold up here yet and the water is all screwed up from the Snow/rain
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Scott

FinsnFur

You catch those through the ice?
SC dont get that cold does it?

{edit} never mind I see the photo was takin from inside a boat now. Kinda tough to ice fish from a boat. :laf:

Were still drilling for our fish up here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

SCcoyotehunter

I would never allow myself to live in a place where I couldnt fish from my boat in the winter.(jk)
We very rarely get ice on the lakes here and if we do its very thin and only lasts for a few days. upper 50's this weekend. It was nice.
Davo

slagmaker

I am chomping at the bit to get on the water and do some Crappie fishing. It's still a little cold here for it but soon the warmer weather will hit and the fight will be on.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Quote from: FastenalFishing on February 15, 2009, 05:57:46 PM
I would never allow myself to live in a place where I couldnt fish from my boat in the winter.(jk)
We very rarely get ice on the lakes here and if we do its very thin and only lasts for a few days. upper 50's this weekend. It was nice.
Davo

I guess you won't be moving here anytime soon :confused:  I like the pictures as they give me something to daydream about.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

You might change your mind if you ever ate crappies that came through the ice.
I dont like crappies anyway, but summer crappies get thrown a little further when unhooked, then those that come through the ice. :laf:

You did get a fine batch though, didnt ya?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com