• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Scruffy spring bighorn sheep

Started by Okanagan, April 07, 2009, 07:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Thought I had posted this but it didn't appear so will try it again.

Young ram in the photo above.

FinsnFur

Makes ya wonder how such an animal can climb that stuff.

That would be a pretty cool site to stumble upon for someone in my neck of the woods anyway.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Real Good Pics.  I agree with Jimbo, I would love to stumble up on that.
Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

I have "come across" this a couple of times and they have been on a bend like that each time.  I considered myself lucky that I was in the outside lane and they were in the inside lane.  They are amazing animals to watch as they hop and run from one small chip of rock to another.  They make it look so easy.

Jerry

Okanagan

Interesting comment that wild sheep are often on a bend like the one in the photo.  Got me to thinking, always a dangerous activity.  Such a bend in the road indicates that the road is contouring around the "nose" of a ridge coming down the mountain, and the sheep tend to follow the ridges. 

Right after I took these photos, one of the short yearling lambs stepped to the middle of the inside lane and started licking road salt from a small pothole.  Would have been hard for anyone coming around the curve to have missed it. Very little traffic but I met one vehicle heading toward the sheep about a mile past them, and I blinked my lights at him.  He slowed.  In that country, people pay attention to such warnings from other drivers, because it could be a rock slide, boulder fallen in the road, a moose or other wild critter in the road, a horse, cow, stalled vehicle, tree down, any number of things.