• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Caribou / Cocobolo .... Added another call.

Started by John_NY, March 26, 2009, 12:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I just finished this call but haven't voiced it yet.  I think I'm gonna do Raspy cottontail with this one. It has a Caribou barrel and a Cocobolo mouth piece. Any comments welcome.

John

The mouth piece is not as dark or big as the picture looks.

I just finished this one to. It is colorwood with whitetail antler mouth piece. There is alot of purple in it but the camera doesn't seem to want to show it.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

duckslayer

The Cocobolo is my favorite, but the thing I cant get over is how great your finishes are on your calls.  It looks like glass!!!!  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:
" And have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heavens, and all animals that move upon the earth." Gen 1:28
" He was a mighty hunter before the Lord.  Therefore it is said, even as NIMROD the mighty hunter before the Lord." Gen 10:

John_NY

Thanks for he comments. I really appreciate them.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Todd Rahm

Caribou / Cocobolo

John thats probably the best call I have seen you do to date, but then again I haven't seen a lot of them. I like the over all shape and the perty grained wood you used with the bou antler, but what I like the most are two things.....One, the wood laminated to the antler looks to be better portioned with the size of the antler you used for the barrel. And........Two, I like the bead you used where the wood meets the antler, as it gives the joint and call a better look then as if they were flush with each other. Both, along with the style and shape you used, it gives the call an over all eye appeal that is very pleasant and catching.

Nice Job!!!  :congrats:

John_NY

Todd:
     I have to admit I like the bead better too. I have to confess it ended up there by accident. A sneeze caused it so I just touched it up. From now on I will turn calls and have a can of pepper in the shop. LOL.  Thanks for the comments.

John

I had to come back and edit this. The antler is not laminated/glued to the wood. I make a tenon on the end of the mouth piece  to fit the two materials together. I do glue the tenon in though. I'm not  good with O-Rings. LOL

Todd Rahm

Your welcome John and don't sneeze to much, ya still got guys that like the other style too.  :wink:

John_NY

I just finished up this cocobolo/antler call for a customer. I hope she likes it. I thought I'd post it here and see what you guys think.
John

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call