• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Mooneyes?

Started by FinsnFur, July 25, 2009, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Been fishing this river since I was 6 and aint, I say I aint never seen anything like this before. :confused:
Rick223 says they are native.
I gotta get out more.

It looks like something out of the Ocean :laf:

Fished till dark and man was it beautiful out there once all the Tourist Primates headed for shore and the water settled down.

And lastly...this was a pretty cool site even though it didnt photo very well. Last evening we had some wild storms tear through here, once it was done and gone mother nature put on a lil display for us as the bluffs in the background began to steam off.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Now that is a perty volcanic sunset. We been having some really wild sunsets sense that Russian volcano went and blew its lid
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Todd Rahm

Looks like ya let him swallow the hook?  :innocentwhistle:

Coulter

Those mooneyes make great bait for some bigger fish. We used to snag mooneyes and then use 'em for bait and catch carp. I'm sure they would work for catfish, musky, pike, etc.

Steve

alscalls

We call em skip jacks here........poor mans tarpon... :laf:
We catch a lot of them I think my biggest so far is 3 lbs. ....they love a drifting white fly under a bobber.....they sell rigs with 5 flies on it just for catching those things for bait.
The small ones are GREAT stripper bait and the larger ones we cut up for catfish. :biggrin:
we did not have a very good run of them this year usually catch a lot of them early June. in the cast nets.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Never seen one of them either.  I guess Igot to get out more too.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Let him swallow the hook? Yeah I was hoping it would go all the way through :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Looks like Jim was finally able to get away from his computer and "other" job and enjoy himself for a few hours.   You just need to wait a few years till you retire and you will be able to go out there during the week days and you won't be bothered by the Tourist Primates.  I have found that there is a WHOLE different world that I never knew existed - it is called week days between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.   You would really be surprised how nice it can be.  Oh, yea, and then there are week days when school is in session.  That is even calmer.

Jerry

Silencer

I always thought they were a shiner, does look like good bait for something big !!!