Shotgun choke and Yote Loads

Started by timbertoes, October 19, 2009, 11:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbertoes

question.....

has any ever had a Full Choke NOT pattern well/acceptably with:
#4 buck
and T, #2 type loads ?

Compared to your guns/chokes  when using Modified ?

I know..perhaps gun/choke specific..  but was wondering.  Kinda low on Ammo and Ammo $,  otherwise I guess I would $hoot up some ammo... lame huh.
My shotgun is a Berreta 391.
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

bigben

I shoot #4 buck through my beretta.  I actually use the turkey choke that was provided.  the turkey choke works good with unplated buckshot.  the plated stuff scatters bad through, it is the same with dead coyote.  plated BB 3" mags shoot great through this gun.  24" barrel.  mine is a al390 though.  I love that gun. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

weedwalker

Using my 870 and a turkey choke, I shoot copper plated BB or Dead Coyote and get a 24" pattern at 40 yds.

timbertoes

great, thanks. Sounds like I can at least use my factory full choke  :eyebrownod:
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

Silvertip

I've had the best luck with Imp-Modified with BBB and T shot, patterns run Full to Extra Full. I've never used Buck shot for yotes, but I use Imp-Cylinder for 00 Buck defense loads. The bigger the shot the more effective the choke. I'm going to be working up some new yote loads next month, I'll post the results.
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

bigben

are you reloading your own loads silvertip? 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silvertip

Quote from: bigben on October 20, 2009, 10:06:37 AM
are you reloading your own loads silvertip? 

Yes, I'm loading 3" and 3 1/2 " 12ga. The new loads I'm going to try are from Ballistics Products Data,
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/
the 3 1/2" load is very interesting, 1 1/2oz of shot at 1400+ fps.
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee