• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

new to the sport (NW Ohio) with a few questions.

Started by djscott, December 26, 2006, 07:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djscott

Hello, I'm new to this sight as well as new to coyote and fox hunting. I have been a varmint hunter  for the better part of twenty years shooting chucks, crows, and a couple trips to South Dakota for praire dogs, but now the predator bug has bitten me.
I live in NW Ohio and some of the locals push coyotes with hounds so I know there here although I only ever seen one once and heard them twice.We have alot of flat farm ground with small wood sections scattered. The best hunting is always along the creeks and the river. Even our rural areas are fairly poupulated. Its hard not to see a farm house no matter where you look.
Heres where I need the help, I have several Randy Anderson dvd's but their always calling out west, so what hand calls, sequenses and set ups work around here.And where do I get the calls?
I have a buddy who calls fox at night using a shotgun who claims I'll never be able to call in a yote day or night!! I'm out to prove him wrong....with some help.

Troy Walter

Where in NW Ohio are you located,I'm also in NW Ohio.

Hawks Feather

Better question is, where are both of you?  I am in Defiance.

Jerry

keekee

Hey djscott I see you made it over. Good to see ya over here.

Take a look at some of the topic's up at the top of the page, locating coyotes, scouting, and all that good stuff, it has some good info in there. Then just ask away! There are some good callers and hunter here that can give you some good info!

Welcome to the site!

Brent

djscott

Thanks Brent, hey guys I'm in Napoleon. Sounds like where neighbors.

Hawks Feather

djscott,

I don't know if a wildcat and a bulldog would be allowed to hunt together.   :laf:

Hawk

Troy Walter

Sorry I took so long to post been out of town.Iam not to far from the swanton area.Send me a email and maybe we could get together for a hunt sometime.