• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Marlin model 25

Started by pitw, October 12, 2009, 10:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Went hunting with the boys and Bob wanted to pack this.

It's a Marlin model 25 pump action 22.  Only takes 22 shorts or CB's and was not a popular gun but good fun to play with.  They built this model for one year, 1910.  So next year Bob wants to shoot that many critters with it.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FOsteology

With a barrel that long all one would hear is the hammer with CB caps.  :eyebrow:

HaMeR

Very nice rig Barry!! I hope Bob gets as many critters as he wants & then some!!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Wow, that is funky looking. It looks like it has a pretty short stock.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Barry,

I have a model 25 Savage and with the exception of mine having an octagon barrel, they are pretty closely related.  Then there is the fact that you rifle is worth far more than mine.  I can't really tell the condition, but even at 60% they are listed at $300.  The gun was only made for two years - 1909-1910.  Looks like you have a good one there.

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 13, 2009, 07:38:17 AM
Barry,

I have a model 25 Savage and with the exception of mine having an octagon barrel, they are pretty closely related.  Then there is the fact that you rifle is worth far more than mine.  I can't really tell the condition, but even at 60% they are listed at $300.  The gun was only made for two years - 1909-1910.  Looks like you have a good one there.

Jerry

Thanks for the info on my Marlin Jerry :biggrin: my books showed only one year but Bob is already telling people he is carrying a century's worth of gun.  If'n you ever want to lose that Savage I'm hoping it will turn up in Canada.  I guess I'll have to show a few more of my 22's :shrug:

Hawks Feather

Barry,

You know when you are finally fully approved to take a firearm across to Canada they (the Canadians) place a explosive/tracking device in the firearm and another one is injected into the person taking it across the border.  If at any time the two items (gun and owner) are separated by more than 300 yards the explosive attached to both are detonated - leaving both very useless.     :sad:

Sorry,

Jerry

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 13, 2009, 10:44:09 AM
Barry,

You know when you are finally fully approved to take a firearm across to Canada they (the Canadians) place a explosive/tracking device in the firearm and another one is injected into the person taking it across the border.  If at any time the two items (gun and owner) are separated by more than 300 yards the explosive attached to both are detonated - leaving both very useless.     :sad:

Sorry,

Jerry

Then how about you get Obama to come up and give a gun to our Liberal leader then :biggrin:
I'll pay for the gun :shrug: