• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Another one down

Started by BigB, December 31, 2006, 07:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

My brother and I stopped by a friends house that has been telling us he has been seeing some coyotes around his farm.  They can't keep any barn cats around because the coyotes have been picking them off.  We stopped at his house with about 30 mins left before sunset.  My brother and I weren't really planning on hunting, but we grabbed our gear and headed out.  My friend (the one in the right on the pic) had his jeans and a sweatshirt on, with his gun over his shoulder.  I told him he needed to put on a little bit of camo if we were going to go out.  He joked with us, and told us we wouldn't be able to call anything in.  I was kinda skeptical myself since is was pretty windy.  But I would give it a try.  He didn't think that we were any good at calling and that calling coyotes is a waste of time!! :roflmao:

My friend and I set up by a stack of big round hay bales, and my brother layed down on the other side of a terrace about 30 yards away watching the down wind side of the hill.  I howled off and on a few sequences for about 5-10 minutes.  Didn't see anything.  So I went to the bunny in distress.  I could see my brother fumbling around and then stand up and shoot.  I ran over to him and asked what the heck was going on.  He said that the coyote was about 10 feet from him when I started on the bunny in distress.  Which was great timing because the exact instant that I started the bunny cries, he pulled the trigger and click.  Dud shell in the 22-250.  The coyote looked at him, started getting really nervous and turned and trotted away.  As the coyote turned, my brother racked in another shell and stood up.  That was when I saw him stand and shoot.  I never did see the coyote.

Pretty little female.

My brother on the left and friend John on the right.  John is now a believer in calling coyotes.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

CCP

Good job Brian :yoyo: Now you friend will be wanting to go all the time you may have a new fill in partner.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

BigB

That isn't a bad thing either since he has some prime ground to go on also!!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

keekee

Roundman

Great story Big B. No feeling like pulling the trigger and NOTHING happens.

FinsnFur

:laf: I woulda said, "Yeah, your right it never works", and went home. And then went back without him, killed a couple and showed him the hero pics  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

They change their tune quick, don't they. :roflmao:

Brad

Bills Custom Calls

wish I was that lucky ,but like i always say someday my yote will come