• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youth Promotional Hunt Contest

Started by FinsnFur, September 30, 2009, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

WOW Kacee !!! That's a VERY nice buck. :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:You should be very proud of that one. :yoyo:

GunDog

WOW! Now that's a MUNSTER OF A BUCK! Congratulations to you and your Dad Kacee! You sure put the smack down on that big buck! You are a very good story teller too, almost like being there as I was reading. Congrats again!  :yoyo:

:highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:  :highclap: :congrats: :highclap:

Bills Custom Calls

Congrats on the the success  :yoyo:  :highclap:  :highclap:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Dave

Wow Kacee,
that's an incredible deer!  He looks more like Baby Huey than just Baby.
And how much fun it sounded as BOTH your mom and dad were there.
Congrats

FOsteology

Incredible buck Kacee! Welcome to FnF and thank you for sharing with us.

LiL-Hammer

BigDawg

Dad had told me that there was a buck back where I decided to hunt that evening, but all day I'd seen nothing but a doe, so I didn't have high hopes. He had a doctor's appointment that day, and Mom had let me take one last try at  shooting a deer. As I walked through the crunching leaves, I saw the silhouette of a doe walking through the trees on the right side of the ravine I was walking through. Quickly, I raised my .30-30 to my shoulder and peered through the scope. When the doe walked into a gap between the trees, I fired. I listened as closely as I could and didn't hear her running off, so I went to look for her. Just as I started to think that she wasn't there, I heard footsteps and saw a doe closely followed by a buck coming down the other side. I hesitated, because I still wasn't completely sure that I had missed the doe. Just as I decided not to shoot, they both ran back up the other side from where they had come. I looked for my doe for another 10 to 15 minutes and finally decided that I hadn't hit her. The rain was picking up, so I decided to go back home when I heard footsteps on the other side again. When I spotted the deer and then found him in my scope, I realized that the buck was coming back. I fired once, and watched in horror as he trotted through the bottom of the ravine, apparently unharmed. I shot again. This time I was sure I'd hit him. He trotted some more and stood there like he didn't know what was going on. Never having had an experience like this before, I didn't know what to do. Just as I was about to shoot again, he crouched down on the ground. I was about to come in closer when he tried to run back up the other side, but failed and rolled over, dead. My heart was in my throat. When I got to my trophy, I counted 7 points and guessed he was about 12 or 13 inches wide. He had a very big body. I am very proud of my first buck that I shot on my own.
Thanks you Fins and Fur for the opportunity to do this contest and thanks for the advice, Dad! I would have posted my story earlier, but I was hoping I would get a shot at another, bigger buck, but as you probably guessed that didn't happen.

If you can't run with the BigDawg, stay on the porch.

pitw

Right on Josh.  That one looks like it will do nicely.  Always remember a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

BigDawg......I am as Proud as I have ever been.......WYG!!! Buddy!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

GunDog

Man that a very good looking buck there to go with another very good story. Congratulations on your buck BigDawg! He's a DANDY!

:congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap:

FOsteology

Love those bucks with tall racks! Congrats on a dandy buck Josh!

coyote101

Way to go Josh.  :highclap: :highclap: That's a great looking buck.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

BMD

FOsteology

WoW! The kids sure have posted up some nice deer this season.

Still have some time before the contest comes to a close (next Friday). I believe I'll let my oldest boy (Joe age 14) skip school for a couple days and see if we can get him on a last minute buck or doe.

BMD

FinsnFur

Josh, always remember, it's not the size of your buck, it's the breed of your truck....that matters :yoyo:

You done good and I bet your dad is twice as proud as you are.

Nice job buddy. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Silencer