• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bob out for a stand.

Started by pitw, January 17, 2010, 07:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

It's me Bob.

Today Dad and I were getting the truck ready to roll grain and when we were done he simply said" You wanna go coyote calling?" So we were off and driving to a stand within a couple of minutes. This was my view.

I sat and called with HuntnCarves call that had my name carved into it for about 10 minutes.( thanks for the call by the way HuntnCarve) and I was waiting, and tensing because there was magpies everywhere, that's usually a good sign a coyote's near by. Then out of the bush came a scruffy coyote right in my sights  :biggrin: he must have seen me because he was going a little faster. I was leading him for about 20 yards and then I shot, he just stood there and looked at me for about a heart beat, well a normal heart beat, mine was going way to fast to count the beats per minute, I think that's the rush of hunting you guys talk about.

When I got up close to him I seen that my aim was a little off because I shot it in the neck. Here's some pic's of me with my coyote.

Thanks again for the call HuntnCarve.

I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

Wow!!

Bob, you da man!!  Way to go, and good shooting!!  Another great write up, too!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

Way to go Bob!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Keep the stories and pictures coming.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Cool deal all around Bob!! You better leave some for seed for next year!!  :nono: :nono:

Quotemine was going way to fast to count the beats per minute, I think that's the rush of hunting you guys talk about.

:yoyo: :yoyo: Yep!! That's called "High on life" Bob!! You'll never get that kind of rush from chemicals!!  :nono: :nono:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

Bob,  :congrats:
Quote... mine was going way to fast to count the beats per minute, I think that's the rush of hunting you guys talk about.

I think it's about time we declare you an official coyote hunter.... welcome to the brotherhood. You know you've killed more coyotes in the last few weeks than some of us see in a year down here in the south east.  :highclap:

Hey Barry ya' need a few more sons...  there's a bunch of us here that are available for adoption.  :laf:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

GunDog

Nice report & pics Bob, Congrats ...  :yoyo:

Bills Custom Calls

Chet
Coyote Killer seems more like it  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Nice Job Bob Keep up the great fun
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Congratulations on the coyote.  Your description of your hunt was suer.

Jerry

SCcoyotehunter

way to go Bob, good shooting, who care if you were a little off

Coulter

Ciongrats on another successful Bob...You have become quite the coyote slayer :congrats:

Steve

pitw

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on January 17, 2010, 07:57:02 PM
Hey Barry ya' need a few more sons...  there's a bunch of us here that are available for adoption.  :laf:

:roflmao: :roflmao: Bop tried this one on me over a year ago.  :biggrin:

Bob, you made a shot I'd have missed 19 out of 20 times. :pout:  Good job lad. :yoyo:

weedwalker

Way to go Bob !! :yoyo: Congradulations on another coyote. :congrats: :congrats: They ain't got much of a chance now that you're after 'em too.
What kind of gun you hunting with?

iahntr

Dang, you're a coyote slayin machine !  :yoyo:  :biggrin:
Nice job Bob.  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

HuntnCarve

Well done Bob!  But you got to remember..A call is just a tool.  It's the fella behind it that makes it work.  You make all us call makers look good!  We're all proud of you!

Dave

JohnP

Bob your doing a heck of a job for a first year coyote caller. I just might have to take a trip up there so ya could teach me a thing or two, keep up the good work. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Yeah, that'd definitively be the rush that we talk about Bob. It's an awesome feeling aint it?

I'm not real sure :confused: But I think your already three up on the ole man :innocentwhistle:

:yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

WTG BOB!!!!!   awesome job buddy!!!!    Proud of ya young man..... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Loved the syory.......and YES that rush thingy is addicting..... :eyebrownod:

Now skin that sucker and keep em all, so you can rub em in the old mans nose as you are up on him by three...... :biggrin:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Another great job!  Congratulations, Bob!!    :congrats:

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 17, 2010, 08:18:47 PM
  Your description of your hunt was suer.

Jerry

If I did that in your school I would probably get detention :shrug:

I am using my dad's 22/250 because I do not yet have my own center fire rifle.  The bullet was a 40gr Blitz King pushed out by 40gr of 760 Winchester powder, that I put together.

Ya it's the best feeling since I shot my first 2 coyotes.

But I'm not sure it's dead yet because dad made me do this.

Thanks for all the comments guys. 

weedwalker

Wow Bob!! You didn't tell us before that you were rolling your own bullets too. That makes it even better. :yoyo: