• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

For jeb

Started by FinsnFur, June 01, 2010, 07:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

jeb's eyeballing a new camera. After talking a bit on the horn last night he said he wanted me to post some of the trick shots the camera does.
Also, maybe you knew and maybe you didn't but each picture below is a different picture. I didn't take one pic of each setting and then edit it on the camera. What I did was take every picture individually but under different camera settings.

So...

1st up...plain and simple they call it the fish eye effect. I think you'll see why.

Then we got here a simple bowl of fruit, nothing special here this first one is just to show you the bowl in normal mode.

Next pic here is the same bowl, no photoshop involved, I only want the banana's to be in color, everything else black and white.

How bout just the opposite, keep the pear colors ditch the rest. No photoshop.

Ok, same bowl of fruit, no photoshop, now I want the bananas to be the same color as the pears.

Next up we got the guy across the street's truck. 1st pic in normal mode.

Next up we'll keep the truck color (red) lose everything else to black and white. No photoshop.

Ok, now we'll give the truck what they call a miniature effect. Basically it's suppose to look like you took a toy out in the yard and tried to make it look life size in a natural setting.
It does this by focusing on the truck and very mildly blurring everything around it. Kinda cool.

Next up is a simple picture of a football laying in the yard. No fancy settings no nothing. Basically showing you the ball cause in the next pic, I'm going to turn the red truck the same green as this football.

Now, you can fine tune these, but this is where the battery started going dead for for me. (4 days) Other wise I would have been able to lick out all the red shadows on the truck also. Kinda cool how it kept it's shine and all.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Its amazing what you can do with a camera now without photo editing on the pc. Thanks for posting that up , but Im still undecided on which model. Im impressed with that model but im gonna keep looking before i decide.  One question about that camera, can you make JimmyinKY look like Richard Simmons ? Wait , he already does !!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
                                           Jeb

Bopeye

I know that was for Jeb, but I couldn't help but being impressed by it myself. Very nice.  :congrats:
What's a camera like that cost?
I would get one, but my camera phone is so close to the same quality it's just hard to decide.......... :nono:

It was my wedding anniversary yesterday and something like that she would like.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

That is a damn cool camera Jim!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Happy Anniversary Bop & condolences to Mrs Bop!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

Quote from: HaMeR on June 02, 2010, 02:06:17 PM
Happy Anniversary Bop & condolences to Mrs Bop!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:laf: :laf:

I can't believe you said that!! What woman wouldn't want to spend her life with 300 lbs. of nothing but fun?  :alscalls:
I can even be used like an air bag on a carnival ride or any other ride for that matter.  :huh: :laf:

Silencer

I love that camera !!!  keep em coming Jim !!!

vvarmitr

Got those batteries charged up yet?
We want to see more! :biggrin:

pitw

Yeah ok it's a pretty nice toy but now I wish to see a pic with a coyote in it :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

awh

So Jimbo, What brand & model is that there camera?
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Danny it's a Cannon as mentioned here - http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=12231.msg138220#msg138220

Barry, there'll be coyote pics. I hope :sad3: There's only four coyotes in the Eastern US, so my timing is crucial. :eyebrow:

VV, there's not really any more tricks ya can do with it. I mean i could do the same thing with different subjects, but that'd be about it.
I dont know what real good a person would get out of those features in a camera, but it is fun.

Bop, the camera was $229 at Tiger Direct, I farted around deciding and it went to $249 :doh2:
A pretty good price for a 14 megapixel camera with 720dpi HD video capabilities. :eyebrownod: I love the thing.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 02, 2010, 10:02:32 PM

Bop, the camera was $229 at Tiger Direct, I farted around deciding and it went to $249 :doh2:
A pretty good price for a 14 megapixel camera with 720dpi HD video capabilities. :eyebrownod: I love the thing.

That's a pretty good price. I think once I can borrow some money from my wife, I'll buy her one.  :eyebrownod: :wink:
Very NICE!!