• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Old padlocks

Started by CCP, June 12, 2011, 01:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

When I first started riding a friend of mine had a lock on like that and forgot to take it off one day. Messed up his rotor and his caliper. It tweaked his forks and he broke his wrist dropping the bike after the sudden stop. He dont forget them now. But they are a good locking system
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

I always shut my bike down with the ignition switch.  But there is a kill switch on the handlebar too.  I always leave it in the "run" position.   *Except* when I install the rotor lock. 

After I put the rotor lock on my bike, I flip the kill switch to "off".    So when I get ready to ride again, I go through my normal routine and turn the ignition switch on to start the bike but it won't start with the kill switch off.   That reminds me to take the dayum rotor lock off the bike!   

That little trick works for me anyways.    :eyebrownod:

slagmaker

I use a reminder clip. Bright orange cord that is hooked to my rotor lock. I gust clip it to my ignition and I am good to go.

MasterLock has a bike lock that looks like an over sized pair of hand cuffs. It uses a round key and is supposed to be dang near impossible to pick.
I have thought about getting one of these instead of the rotor lock. But its up there in price and I already have the rotor lock.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

CCP

Lock picking is mostly for fun and companies continue to put out locks that are harder to pick and that makes it fun for the the guy doing it as a hobby.

As far as locks to keep professional thieves out don't waste your money.

Professional thieves DON'T pick locks. If I was going to steal your bikes it wouldn't  matter if they are hard to pick or not. I would just bring my cordless drill and a cylinder eater, yep about 45 seconds or less and it's toast. :laf:

Just buy a normal lock to keep the average Joe honest and keep your bike in plain site of the public is your best bet. Bikes hidden from plain site (garage, out back) give  thieves time to drill your cylinder on the tire lock and the ignition. If a lock company tells you there lock cylinder cant be drilled then go by the local machine shop and ask for some of that special steel that cant be drilled and see what they say. :alscalls: If the lock company claims there lock wont open when the cylinder is drilled their lying.... :rolleye:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

vvarmitr

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on June 13, 2011, 06:34:08 PMIf it lasts more then four hours....  I'm calling everybody I know.  :hahaha: :sick2:  
Like Congressman Weiner did?  :shrug:
:laugh2:  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on June 16, 2011, 05:05:34 PM
I would just bring my cordless drill and a cylinder eater, yep about 45 seconds or less and it's toast. :laf:

But your not going to bring that under budget, disposable, made in Sri Lanka, childs toy  Makita are you?
Your going to need something industrial strength, like...oh say a DeWalt :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

No locks in the mail yet.  :sad: :sad:

Would a 3 or 5 dollar reward help??  :wo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

securpro

Ahhh! I think I just figured out why I have a few things missing from my cabin during the LBL hunt  :wo: :wo:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com