• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Walnut

Started by Yotehntr, June 18, 2011, 08:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Kinda got a kick out of this... I'm a bit of a wood hound I guess... I'm sure most call makers are.  A fella I work with said the storms had blown a walnut tree down and would I like some of it..??  Of course!!! I was cutting into blocks to put on my bandsaw and noticed this...

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

shaddragger

:wo: There's something you don't see every day! What are you going to do with that piece?
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Todd Rahm

Hawks Feather

I see a clown in that walnut hull.  Clowns are scary!

Jerry

John_NY

Can't wait to see what it turns into. Are we looking at the side or end of the blank? If that's the side I bet the face stays in the call. That would be cool.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Yotehntr

:doh2:  In hind site I wish I'd have cross cut this piece so I could include the walnut, in a walnut call. LOL  pretty wild I've never seen anything like this before.

Bills Custom Calls

That one is different for sure

You blank that stuff up right away Or has it been down for awhile
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Can you leave the Walnut out at the bell end & use it for the bead.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

I cut it up right away Bill...  Yep that would've been cool if I'd have cross cut it Glen... I could've filled the voids and had a walnut-nut call...  :confused:  wait that don't sound good.

Lonehowl

Nice chunk o walnut Brad...nice bandsaw too!
Mark