• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Antler Calls

Started by Brad H, March 16, 2007, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

Here's a look at some of the antler calls I've made and sent off. I've got a lot of howler pics too that I'll be showing at a later date.

I made a bunch that went to North Dakota, but these two are the only ones I got a pic of;

These went to Bob D. The big one is a howler that I liked so much, and worked so well, I built one like it that I'll be selling on here.

This next call will be sent to Wisconsin soon to be the posession of the CEO of this operation.

Arkyyoter

WOOHOO....beautiful Brad....love the "racy" stuff you have added.....

Joe

HuntnCarve

Man, you sure know how to get the most out of an antler!  Great job! Brad

Dave

Bob D

Brad,

You were right about the howler. It is a hum dingier. :yoyo:  Easy to blow and sweet to listen to. Course the two distress calls ain't nothing to sneeze at either.  They are all just unbelievable. Besides the looks and the sounds I thought it is really neat the way Brad attaches the lanyard to the calls. He uses whatever the antlers offer . Each is different. He really has a special touch when it comes to making these calls. Oh yea, thanks Brad! :highclap:

Bob D

FinsnFur

Wow, You must enjoy the heck out of carving those things out, because nothing about any of them looks very easy.
I love what your doing with those lanyard connections. Pretty slick  :yoyo:

Very nice stuff  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Brad, those are amazing!   The lanyard attachment on the one is really sharp!   But the one that really grabs me is the last one, that bell is incredible -  the walls are so thin on some of them.  That must have taken a lot of work. 

I have to say, the antler call I have from Brad is among one of the best calls I have ever blown.  I just love that call.   It's perfect in every way.   I have never pulled that call out with people around and not had them say "whoa, where'd ya get that thing?"  It's just a beautiful call. 

Great work.   

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Brad,

Those are great looking calls.  Way to go!

Jerry

Brad H

The carving is my favorite part, I love seeing my ideas come to life. The inside of that last call is my newest thing. slydog used to make the ghost lanyard loop on his calls. I got permission to play around with the idea and took off with a few of my own from there.

...and hopefully more to come.

Thank you for all the positive comments everyone.

Brad

quackerstacker

hey brad, can you make one with a bell like the last one and a lanyard holder like the next to last one all in one?

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Todd Rahm

And they sound good too.  :biggrin:

Thats a nice group of calls ya got there Brad...........or had.  :congrats: I like the left call in the first picture, mostly the tone board on that one grabs my eye. I really like the lanyard conncetions ya got going. The one where it comes of the tine is top notch.  :bowingsmilie:

Long gone are the days of the BradH flame calls  :confused: and in are the days of some real classics.   :congrats:

I remember the first antler call I got from ya. The tone board was different from most and I told ya it was kinda hard to use, but I played with it for a while (Needed to find the right groove for me and practice) and about an hour later that little call was out screaming every antler call I had, even the bigger ones. Since then ya have changed them a bit and I have added a few more to my collection/lanyard and the last two I got are real smooth to use, loud screamers, and your still excelling at it.  :biggrin: Whats next?  :wink:

So again nice calls and thanks for staying with it over the last couple of years.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Brad H

Steve,

I can do it. Round side lanyard holder, and grooved internal bell...I dug through my stash and found a few perfect specimens. It may take a few weeks, but I can make it happen.

Todd,

The left in the first pic was kind of a flat, long and low profile style tone board. That type of horn also grabs my eye as soon as I see it. I've made a few calls like that one. It's kinda funny, after doing so many of these, you get to a point you can tell exactly how a call will look just by glancing at a particular shed.

Not so fast on the flamed calls. :biggrin: I think flaming calls is in my blood. I only do one or two a year, but I have one coming up soon. I'll make sure you see it before it goes anywhere. Now that I sit here and think about it....I just got another idea. I'll be in touch later this summer. :eyebrow:

Brad

FinsnFur

Aren't you the one that also took on the task of making a call out of a Hippo tooth for a guy.....a year or two ago Brad?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Montana Hunter

Brad-
   Nice calls!!!   :congrats: :congrats:

Brad H

Thanks Greg.

I didn't do the hippo tooth, Jim. I remember that deal though. I think seeinspots landed that project, and did an awesome on it.

Brad

quackerstacker

brad, pm me a price on the call.

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Ladobe

Really nice innovations to the antler calls there Brad.   Reminded me of the series of super high end free style wood/ivory/scrimshawed calls I built for a private collector.   Although I've carved and scrimshawed a lot of antler and horn calls in my day, I never thought about doing antler like that last one.   Nicely done pard. 

The thread also reminded me that I've got some real nice hippo and warthog ivory on hand.   If I don't get back to making calls sometime this year I probably never will, so I might just toss them in the classifieds for you guys to fight over.    :innocentwhistle:   Only time will tell.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Arkyyoter

We will be watching  :eyebrow:  While we had rather see some more of your excellent work, if you elect not to use that stuff, there is always the hungry masses....

Joe

desert dog

Brad,

Very nice!  I really like how you incoporated the lanyard loops on them.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Brad H

Larry,

Your scrimshaw job pics are ones I'm wathcing for. One in particular actually. The antler call you made with the map on it, and wont sell. I spent a lot of time looking at that one and hope to see it here soon.

As for your ivory, I'm kinda torn so...what Joe said.  :biggrin:

Thanks, Loren. I may be in touch for more lanyards this summer.

Brad

keekee

Very nice work Brad as always! I think I have 5 of your calls in my collection now, one howler and 4 distress calls. The flames on the one are awesome!

I love the lanyard set up on those are awesome! Looks like I may need another one! :iroll:

Brent