• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another female Red

Started by snafu, May 13, 2013, 07:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

at feeding time. I watched this female only 1 yr. It was around an hr before Sunset. She walked up to one of her den holes. Peered down the hole & the pups poured out.

After they pounded on her for a long while. The pups played as the female looked around. Then she went among her litter. As she walked away as the Sun was starting to set. Three of her pups followed her on the hunt along the nearby weeds & creek. She was not real keen about waiting on any lag pups that went with her. The rest of her pups stayed very near the den holes. Pups at the time, were 7-8wks old. Closer to 8wks is my best guess.

"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Hawks Feather

You live in fox territory for sure and it would seem they are used to seeing you around.  The only ones around here that I can get that close to are in a zoo.

Jerry

snafu

Yes Jerry, they are making a good comeback. Back in the early 70's. When the fur prices were high. Most every hunter hammered them. They then become quite rare. The following yrs, most coyote hunters gave them a free pass. Now their pop has a good foothold, once again. They are not real wary around man, for the most part. Which is their behavioral downfall.

snafu

Here is the hunt pic from above.

Speaking of modifying an initial post. I don't see a modify tab on the origional post?

FinsnFur

Quote from: snafu on May 13, 2013, 09:16:41 AM
Speaking of modifying an initial post. I don't see a modify tab on the origional post?

We've got the courtesy edit time set at 30 minutes. So you'll have to make your changes within 30 minutes of making the post, or just have me or one of the mods CCP, Hawks Feather,  coyotehunter_1, or HaMeR do it for you. It's not a problem.

We changed the edit time to 30 minutes, when not too long ago we had some trouble makers raising havoc, and we found we couldnt hold them accountable because they deleted their posts.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

Thanks for the explanation. Good idea too I might add.