• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Mt. Lion in my town

Started by Okanagan, February 18, 2015, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Cougar spotted Sunday afternoon in a residential area of the town where I live.

http://www.theprovince.com/Cougar+spotted+Abbotsford+near+Eaglecrest+Drive+Falcon+Place/10816540/story.html

Excerpt from the news story:

Abbotsford police have put out a warning after a cougar was spotted near Eaglecrest Drive and Falcon Place at about 2 p.m. on Sunday.

People with kids and pets are being advised to stay clear of the area, while wildlife conservation officers and police try to determine if the cougar is still in the vicinity.

I tried to paste in a Google Earth picture of the street but can't figure out how.  SNAFU, type Falcon Place, Abbotsford, BC into Google Earth and it will show you where a cougar was sighted recently.   :biggrin:

Three or four years ago before they built this housing project I used to hike and call bobcats on the same hillside.

Hawks Feather

According to MacDonald, the cougar “was a fair size.”

With the exception of the babies, they all look big to me.

Jerry

snafu

"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: snafu on February 19, 2015, 03:57:51 AM
Is there a season on them?

Sept. 10- June 15 the following year, bag limit of 2, over the counter tags.  In that part of town it would be bow only.  Not sure why the season is closed over the summer but maybe it is so we can concentrate on the salmon runs during that time.   :biggrin:

I'll watch for your truck pulling in!

snafu

Well I'll be driving a dodge 4x4. So expect me in about 4-12 months. Providing I have the jet stream behind me  :iroll:
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Dave

Quote from: Okanagan on February 19, 2015, 09:14:58 AM
In that part of town it would be bow only.
:alscalls:
And wear your urban camo. Olive green trail hiker pants and sandstone Carhartt coat is what I go with around here.

Okanagan