Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

So I had an hour last eve to kill so I went a mile South and a 1/2 mile West of the house to here

The big dog came charging across that large open space at a pace I couldn't have kept up to in the truck.  Spike[the dog] was running around to the West of me and the big dog stopped to look at him about 70yds in front of me.  That part of the plan worked fine but I shot a mite low or hit a branch with the bullet as it took out 2 legs. 

Out with the old and in with the new. :biggrin:

Then as a bonus on the way home I stopped by a dugout to see if there were any rats in it and this girl was guarding the hole.[seconds before this pic was taken there was a coyote further over] :eyebrow:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Now that fur looks pretty nice. Was it? And who woke the bear up?   
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

You know the phototog is good when moose start looking like bear. :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod: looks like a Bear...and I was wondering why he wasnt sleeping :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Bears were out on Thursday while I was up fishing. :shrug:

Dale

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 30, 2015, 11:51:29 PM
And who woke the bear up?

that was my first thought too... glad he clarified it though...

over the years I've found bears don't normally hit the den till the snow piles up that they can't find food or travel  easily... our bears down here on the coast hardly ever den up and if they do it's only for a short period of time, a week or so...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

pitw

So I goes deer looking with a buddy who has never called a critter. :readthis:  Soooooooo we stop looking up a couple trails looking like

When she came on to the the cutline at about 100yds.  Buddy hasn't shup up much since we got here  :madd: and she didn't stop but I got her anyway.  Silly bugger figured I'd missed as I shot as she was headed out fast. :nofgr:   

Now he wants a call. :alscalls:
Gonna hose him as he knows cause I shot a mite high and blew a hole in the neck/back that I didn't wanna deal with, sooooooooooooo, we stopped at the Hutterites and traded her for 10 snares with the Seneker lock that I'll fill up later and see how the new system works at quicker dispatch. 

FinsnFur

That's be kinda handy havin a place to trade your quarry like that. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

pitw,

You are going to need to spend a few days inside and not go out shooting.  There is only so much fun that a man is allowed to have and you have already surpassed your quota for the week.      :biggrin:

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 03, 2015, 07:43:43 AM
pitw,

You are going to need to spend a few days inside and not go out shooting.  There is only so much fun that a man is allowed to have and you have already surpassed your quota for the week.      :biggrin:

Jerry

Jerry it with great pleasure that I don't go to work everyday.  I gotta check on a herd of 250 cow/calf pairs everyday but it ain't much of a hardship LOL.  I'm hoping to throw in a day of fishing this week as well as a 12 hour round trip to the boys last football game of the regular season.  I was also just told Donny wants to go moose hunting tomorrow as it's go to work with your dad day in school. :biggrin:
Ma'sBirthday today so I gotta bake a cake and cook supper of her choice, then duck shoes as I forgot to buy a present. :huh:

Dale

Quote from: pitw on November 03, 2015, 08:27:46 AM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 03, 2015, 07:43:43 AM
pitw,

Jerry

I'm hoping to throw in a day of fishing this week as well as a 12 hour round trip to the boys last football game of the regular season.

I was also just told Donny wants to go moose hunting tomorrow as it's go to work with your dad day in school. :biggrin:

Ma'sBirthday today so I gotta bake a cake and cook supper of her choice, then duck shoes as I forgot to buy a present. :huh:

well the day of fishing doesn't count against your fun quotient as that's providing food to the family, and the road trip is taking care of family commitments...

moose hunt also meeting fatherly obligations...   :biggrin:

on that last matter, brother you're on your own... all I can say is I hope you're a hella good baker... I know I'd be in trouble there...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on November 03, 2015, 08:27:46 AM

Ma'sBirthday today so I gotta bake a cake and cook supper of her choice,

:alscalls: Oh man what I wouldnt give to see that!
By the way...Happy Birthday Ma  :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Barry, I'm kinda late in posting but sure is good to know your back.  Are you shooting a 20 gauge? 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

pitw

So I had a little change of game plan.

nastygunz

Well this forum is mighty educational! I had never heard of Hutterites before and Googled them and read a whole history on them,quite interesting!

pitw

Quote from: nastygunz on November 05, 2015, 07:15:43 PM
Well this forum is mighty educational! I had never heard of Hutterites before and Googled them and read a whole history on them,quite interesting!

They is interesting for sure. They is inbred, keep the youngun's ignorant to keep them in line and if they was to be a war they wouldn't go. 

coyote101

How did the moose hunt go Barry?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on November 05, 2015, 09:26:45 PM
How did the moose hunt go Barry?

Pat

The dang kid was sicker than a dog the day we were to go.  I saw 16 of them though. :biggrin: