• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Impulse buying- dust collection

Started by kiyitec, April 29, 2007, 03:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiyitec

So there I was picking up some supplies at Lowes.  Walked by the power tools just to window shop.  Seen the infamous yellow tag hanging on the Delta 1.5 hp dust collector.  Although it was on my "to buy" list for the next few months, I forced myself to look.  $100 off-  Put the $260 cash on the barrel head, looked my wife in the eye, lowered my head, and walked out.  -shame-
  Broke my own biggest shopping rule.  That ended up costing me A powerwheels jeep and A little tykes kitchen play set. :shrug:
Been tooling up for about 3 years for call building.  could have had an FX5 and A wall full of customs by now, but I am sure that would have never satisfied me, same as alot of you guys.  ~KT

"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

keekee

I know what you mean! I done the same thing this week! ON SALE!!!!!!!!!! I hote those words!

Brent

FinsnFur

You'll have more fun with the Delta dust collector though, then ya will the Little Tykes Kitchen set.
I rarely use mine anymore....most of the pieces are missing and the oven door is broke.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

LOL broken door.......... :roflmao:
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

kiyitec

You got me all wrong.  I HAD to buy the toys.   She saw my last paycheck ...  you know how they are. Complain about ya not being at home all weekend, then spends what uncle sam doesn't take.  Oh well, next check I'll be able to finish up with everything I need for now. (just seems that I keep saying that every other Friday)  ~KT

p.s. oven door works fine, 'cause she is just like her mother- can't get her off the phone long 'nuf to cook, dishes piling up, and the microwave gets more use than the oven.
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

THO Game Calls

Don't knock it.  At least your's uses the micro wave.   The only thing my wife makes for dinner are reservations.

And her favorite wine? 

"I meed to go to the maaaalllllll."

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Al, 

Didn't you mean favorite WHINE?

Jerry

kiyitec

I can't knock on her, she is actually pushing me to make calls and hunt / fish more.  She is an old school redneck.  Meat & taters every meal- I went from A 31" waist to A 34" after getting hitched.  Tractor pulling, hay bale bucking, country girl.  She even cuts up her own deer.  Her best whitetail rack missed b&c by 1 1/2 inches.

-and she never batted an eye when I ordered A rock river ar15 last month. (I'll let ya know in 3 more months how that one goes)  She thinks A special night out is McDonalds and A dirt track race.  She wants to hire A babysitter this fall so she can go hunting with me more, God I Love Her. 

I think I highjacked my own thread in the first post, hehe~KT

THO Game Calls

Jerry,

probably - but the three toughest years of my life were third grade.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

I spent 29 years and never got beyond fourth grade. 

Jerry

vvarmitr

Boy Kiyi, sounds like she could be the Redneck poster child. :laf:

Plus I know what you're talking about on picking things up on sale. However, you're going to need that dust collecter & if you waited till all your ducks were in a row who knows what the price might have been then? :shrug: I call it "striking while the iron is hot." :wink:  No shame or condemnation from my end. :biggrin:
Haveing been a Lowe's Toolman myself I know that collector wouldn't be there in 2weeks. Boy, could I tell you stories about "discontinued items" I've bought there, but then you'd only hate me. :innocentwhistle:

kiyitec

Quote from: vvarmitr on April 30, 2007, 06:39:09 AM
I call it "striking while the iron is hot."

Boy, could I tell you stories about "discontinued items" I've bought there, but then you'd only hate me. :innocentwhistle:
I called it striking while the wife is not. . .

Makes me wonder which handy Toolman hung those yellow tags in the first place. :nofgr:

vvarmitr

Quote from: kiyitec on April 30, 2007, 09:41:27 AMMakes me wonder which handy Toolman hung those yellow tags in the first place. :nofgr:

:holdon: Our tags were computer generated & came from corporate.  :noway:

Sometimes though the manager would give ya a better deal if say for a wild example  :innocentwhistle: you were to buy 2 Delta 14" radial arm saws that were already 50% off & got him to knock off another $50 ... each. :eyebrow:

Start'n to hate me yet? :sneer:

ninthinning

My dear friend works at Lowe's. I know what you mean.  A poor old woman I know needed a new stove in the worst way.  I told my buddy and he discussed the situation with his manager.  They sold me a stove with a dent in it for an amazing price.  Her pride let her accept it cause it had a dent.  Everyone was happy.
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

kiyitec

Quote from: vvarmitr on May 01, 2007, 07:33:01 AM
:holdon: Our tags were computer generated & came from corporate.  :noway:

Start'n to hate me yet? :sneer:
Did you hang the tag before or after yelling "MINE!"

Nope, don't hate ya- I'm the kinda guy that can walk around with A grand in his pocket and never find A bargin, as soon as I'm broke I see all kinds of things. (excluding the old A5 Mag 12 I bought A few weeks ago for $300)
  For instance- My wife got bit by the garage sale bug and drug me to town last Fri & Sat mornings.  Both days I had, well, alot, and I spent A grand total of 20 cents on myself.  ~KT

vvarmitr

Why waste hanging a tag when I was going to buy it anyhow. :shrug: :biggrin:

An A-5 for $300 :shck: Gawd, I hate you. :laf:

kiyitec

Technically not the first.
  I bought an old beat up 16 with the forward safety in the trigger guard from my grade school principal for $99 sold it for $185 when I was down and out.
  Bought an American made 12 (I call it an A3) 3 - shot, with A pickle on the end, for $150.  Nothing wrong with A Cutts in my book- need one more choke for the set. 
Now this 12 Mag.  But The one I really want is dad's Light 12.  I carried it for years for him 'til the dog went on point.  Won alot of cash shooting clays with that gun in high school. And my favorite brittany went deaf under that barrel.
  Don't guess I'd pass up A A5 in A 20 either.
And I like mustard on my biscuits, um hum.  ~KT