• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New to the forum

Started by rwehuntn, May 01, 2007, 09:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwehuntn

Hello, new to the forum and call turning. I thought I would post a few of the calls i have made for feedback, here goes.

cocobolo and osage orange

cedar

african olive wood

russian olive

bocote set

spalted maple set

Any feedback on these calls is welcome, please be honest if they suck. I tend to like plain calls, along the lines of the old circe and weems style calls. Thank you for looking.

rwehuntn

Bopeye

Welcome to the forum rwehuntin.  :wink:

As far as the calls go, they look good.  :wink:
A couple of them could use a little deeper lanyard grooves in my opinion, but then again, what do I really know about making calls. I do admire you boys that do it. It's not just making something with your hands......it is an art form in it's own right.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

One thing I can say is they are different,and I like them.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

That russian olive is my favorite.  I really like the shape.  I typically like deepar lanyard grooves also but that design sure catches my eye the way it is.  I would like to see a bigger picture of it.  Kinda hard to give more feed back with small pics.  But from what I can see they all look pretty.

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

rwehuntn

Joey,

Truth be told, all I did to the russian olive call was finish it, my wife turned it. That is her first call. I didn't realize, I forgot to put that in my original post.

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Well by god!!  I mean........Ummmmm...........the osage and coco calls are probably my new favs. :roflmao:  LOL just kidding, they're all nice, that one just particularly caught my eye.  You both spin good calls.  Keep it up and hollar ifn you need anything.  There are a ton of helpfull folks around.

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Brad H

I'm curious about the russian olive wood itself.

Have you turned a lot of it? If so, is it consistent in color?

I have access to a lot of it, never tried it, and was just wondering.

Aside from that, the calls look great.

Brad

THO Game Calls

Allan, is that you?

Nice looking calls.  I llike the bocote set and the african olive wood.   The top two are nice also.  You have a good eye for nice wood, and a nice style of turning.  

Thanks for posting here.   You'll find some great call makers and some great folks too.

Welcome

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

rwehuntn

Joey,
Don't worry, I think she did a job on that call as well.

Brad,
That is the first piece. I picked it out because there were three branches that came together on the bottom of it. I turned it round and my wife thought it looked good, so I told her to turn it. I have access to a bunch of it and plan to make more calls from it.

Al,
Yes it is. Thank you for the feedback. If you have not turned that african olive wood, you should trry some. It is very dense (and expensive) but it turns like a dream and finishes quite nice. By the way Al, did you get my e-mail about the reed sleeves? If you can't get them in with my order, I will get them with the next one.

thank you all for the feedback.

rwehuntn (aka Allan)

Todd Rahm

Al, you vouch'n for this fella?  :confused: For a moment I was sending Finsandfur to check for registration and fishing license.  :biggrin:

Allan,

Welcome to the "Premier Hand Call Forum"  :biggrin:

I like the olive wood, but I think of the ones ya posted, I like the first two calls. Nice clean accent lines and nice placement of them on your calls.

Todd

THO Game Calls

Yes Todd, I vouch for Allan.  He'll be a great addition here.

Allan, I sent you an E mail on the sleeves.  (or I think I did - yup, just checked and it is in my outbox)  Anyway, they are in the box and it is on the way to you now.    On me. 

Again, glad you are here.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Very unique styles  :congrats: I like em.

That African Olivewood stands out to me. It looks so..... :confused:.... I dont know :shrug: I like it  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

rwehuntn

Todd,
Thank you fo rhte reply. I made the accent lines with a piece of baling wire. I seems to dress up the woods that don't have distinct grain lines to them. I do it on maple as well and it turns out nice.

Al,
I appreciate you vouching for me. As for the reed sleeves, thank you. I did not expect them for free and I appreciate it. Don't be surprised if you get a package in the mail.

FNF,
Not sure of your name, but thank you as well for your feedback. I plan on maore of the olive wood if I can find a reasonable price on it.....hmmm I wonder if anyone knows of a place. It runs about 30 bucks a foot at woodcraft. Off the subject, but you should see the wine stoppers my wife makes out if it, the look great.

FinsnFur

My name's Jim Champion, Allen.
I've been called a lot of different things though.  :laf:
Again welcome to the site  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

rwehuntn

Nice to meet you Jim. I'm in the same boat as far as the name thing goes. Thank you for the welcome.

keekee

Welcome to the site Allen! If you need anything just yell!

Calls look good.

Brent

Arkyyoter

awh

Welcome Allan.  I like them all. Look forward to seeing more of your work. :congrats:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Hawks Feather

Allan,

Welcome to Fins and Fur.  It is always nice to have another spinner here.  I do like the looks of the African Olive.  I may have to take your advice and try some of it.

Jerry

rwehuntn

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am posting the african olive wood, cocobolo and osage calls in the store for sale. check there for descriptions.