• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Show off your predator rifles

Started by wvmtnman506, October 08, 2006, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Cody, you can get all the tools at Midway USA.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

BasinBoy

alright and did ya put any special type of finish on or just tung oil?

CypressSlough

That is 10 applications of Tru Oil. The first 4 were used to wet sand the raised grain and fill the pores. The next 6 were to build the finish to the look I wanted, then rubbed out to remove any surface imperfections. Finally a buffed wax finish. I waited 24-48 hours between each wet sanding sequence and a minimum of 4 days between each finish coat. You could probably do it faster than I did, but I wanted to make sure each layer of finish was hardened enough before it was messed with. Tru Oil dries to the touch fairly quickly, but takes a while to cure. You need to make sure you prep the stock correctly before you ever start applying any finish. I raised the grain and sanded it down 6 times before I started wet sanding with finish. It helps to practice on a couple of scrap pieces before you commit the stock to finish. Rub the scrap wood with a damp cloth and allow it to dry. You will see the wood as being fuzzy. Sand it down to 400 and wet again. You will be amazed at how smooth the wood will become after doing this a couple of times.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

BasinBoy

so is it a oil or a type of finish?

Hawks Feather

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/wood_index.asp?categoryID=5&subcat=11&prodcat=107

You can learn more about it here.  It is a good finish and living where you do, it should cure (dry) very nice.

Jerry

Bopeye

Decided to show mine.

Here's my American Arms 10 gauge. It has screw in full chokes.

Here's my new DPMS AR15. So far I like it pretty good. I'm already starting to buy things to modify it some, but I like it like this as well.

Here's some miitary 5.56 tracer rounds and a 10 gauge #4 birdshot shell.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

That's a dangerous combination for a man of your caliber Bop  :rolleye:

Get it?...caliber?  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

Bop
Did ya buy any Ammo for the AR-15 yet? not hunting Ammo but Ammo just to burn up?
those 2 guns there are HUNGRY  :laf: and it cost's to feed them  :innocentwhistle:,,my problem is that i let the wife shoot my AR-15 and she LOVES IT,, I bought 1200 rounds for the Bushmaster and I am going to buy more BUT the good thing is since the wife likes to shoot it SO MUCH when I buy a 1000 rounds for it she doesnt bitch anymore  :yoyo:

about your 10 Gauge,,are the shells REAL EXPENSIVE ? and do you JUST hunt Coyotes with it or any Waterfowl ???
Thank you
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

vvarmitr

Hey Bopper: Don't you have any #4buck for that SxS? :shrug:

Bopeye

Quote from: vvarmitr on June 07, 2007, 10:14:58 AM
Hey Bopper: Don't you have any #4buck for that SxS? :shrug:

Yeah I do, but after patterning it with coyotehunter1 it became very apparant that my baby liked the BB+ loads better and carried a tighter pattern. We shot out to fifty yards and it was still blowing through the plywood and putting a good amount of pellets in the coyote target. The #4 buckshot was all over the place at that distance and sometimes there were zero pellets in kill zone areas.

Besides that, there is no time of the year when I can legally use #4 buckshot......... :shrug:

I have some slugs and 00 buck for the 10 gauge, but it's more for the two footed kind of varmint.
:innocentwhistle:

Bopeye

Quote from: ohiobob on June 07, 2007, 03:04:45 AM
Bop
Did ya buy any Ammo for the AR-15 yet? not hunting Ammo but Ammo just to burn up?
those 2 guns there are HUNGRY  :laf: and it cost's to feed them  :innocentwhistle:,,my problem is that i let the wife shoot my AR-15 and she LOVES IT,, I bought 1200 rounds for the Bushmaster and I am going to buy more BUT the good thing is since the wife likes to shoot it SO MUCH when I buy a 1000 rounds for it she doesnt bitch anymore  :yoyo:

about your 10 Gauge,,are the shells REAL EXPENSIVE ? and do you JUST hunt Coyotes with it or any Waterfowl ???
Thank you
Bob

I've got a few hundred rounds for the AR so far. It's kinda fun just burning ammo........ :yoyo:

The 10 gauge is a little more pricey though. I'm giving a little over $36 for a box of BB+
:doh2:

BasinBoy

im almost done with my stock. well i havent got the oil on yet but almost. ill have to post pics when im done

Rich

ohiobob,
That Parker/Hale is a beauty to behold. Does it shoot well?  If so, I advise you to keep it.  You are correct about Remington going down hill. Their run of the mill rifles have cheap and flimsy synthetic stocks. I have seen a few of their ADL models that wouldn't shoot for beans because of the cheapo stock. I do have a new Remington 700 CDL that has very nice fit and finish, and it shoots well. If you go Remington route, go with a more expensive model . I know that Remington can still build good rifles, but they are putting out some pretty sad junk at lower price in their attempt to sell guns.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

ohiobob

Rich
My Parker-Hale is a GREAT shooter,,it IS the most accurate Rifle I have EVER owned !!! The Rifle surprised me with Factory Loads and then when I started hand loading for it the accuracy was a TON better,,and then when I introduced the Ballistic tip bullets to the Rifle it got a LOT BETTER,,I shoot 50 Grn V-Max out of it now and it is Poison,I WISH I would have had the P-H when i shot at my FIRST Coyote 6 weeks ago  :doh2: but im still getting use to the AR-15
as far as the Remingtons go,,I ALWAYS ownded the BDL's,,and 1 in an ADL in 22-250
I HAVE been looking at the Savage BUT i dont know,,whichever Rifle I buy it will be in 25-06 and maybe I will get a 204 in the other Rifle,,the Wife ASKED why i need TWO MORE RIFLES  :confused: and I told her that was is itty bitty for itty bitty animals and the other is Bigger for Bigger animals,,well she just said : OK  :shock2:  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
so now i need to find a good one,,I WAS thinking of going to an Encore BUT....... :shrug:
Thank you
Bob

KySongDog

Quote from: ohiobob on June 14, 2007, 12:09:04 PM
I told her that was is itty bitty for itty bitty animals..............

itty bitty animals...........  :roflmao:   Good one, Bob!!!!   :roflmao:

vvarmitr

Most of ya don't know, but Coyote Kate got me a 25WSSM Browning A-bolt Composite  Stalker for Valentine's Day.
I put a lite Timney trigger spring in it, worked up a 75 V-Max load, put on a Limb-Saver (I think :confused:) slip-on butt pad to make it longer.

Introducing CDM (Coyote Disaster Master) w/ its "First Blood."  :thumb2:

The anointing smear over the magazine ...

I'm really falling in love w/ this rifle! :biggrin:  Next I want to get a scope w/ a side parralax adjustment for it. :eyebrow:
Problem is I just don't know how far I'll be able to hit a coyote w/ it? :shrug:  500/600yds? :wo:

FinsnFur

I like it  :eyebrownod:

Is that stock real wood?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Mallardsr

Composite?  :confused:  :nono:

Love them A-Bolts   :highclap:

ohiobob

I Know I can look this up BUT is the 25WSSM comparable to the 25-06 EXCEPT the WSSM is just a "Smaller" Case ?
Bob

Hawks Feather