• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fun in the NH woods

Started by browning204, December 02, 2007, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

yes it is pressure but I think he was trying to say that other than him, these yotes are not pushed around and given a buffet of sounds to listen to.

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

THO Game Calls

If you've hit that area 10 times this season already, you are overhunting it.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Omega47

I disagree about over hunting it.  First of all the dogs are responsive right away every time.  There reactions now are the same as they were the first day.  I know there have not been any dog hunters back there in the last 20 years (according to the property owner) and there haven't even been any deer hunters back there at least 5 years.  The only hunters on the property have been moose hunters and they are hunting a different section of the parcel.  Plus, as mentioned, there are several distinct packs, so even if we work one for a couple weeks, that still leaves us other different packs to work later.

If Browning and I work our plan, I'm pretty confident we'll get some dogs next weekend.

browning204

Quote from: Omega47 on December 09, 2007, 07:32:51 PM

If Browning and I work our plan, I'm pretty confident we'll get some dogs next weekend.

WOW you are putting alot of pressure on us now!  :laf:

I might have to call out sick to work on friday to get in the correct mental state and do some power yoga to be ready to perform!!

I think if we stick to our guns, and stay smart we will might drag something out of there.

Omega47

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

:hahaha:
Quote from: Omega47 on December 09, 2007, 08:30:37 PM
Don't be such a pessimist  :madd:
Get on him Omega, don't cut him any slack. :wink:

If ya do come back w/ fur on the floor, I'm going to have to try the yoga thing. :laf:  My youngest daughter is a yoga instructor. :eyebrow:

browning204

any one who has ever met me will tell you that Yoga and me are not a good mix!

I would have myself in a knot in no time.

Randy Roede

204 is the info. in the PM starting to make sense?

browning204

Quote from: Randy Roede on December 10, 2007, 07:54:11 PM
204 is the info. in the PM starting to make sense?

Did you PM me? If so I didn't get nothing.

browning204

so we went back to that spot. the only thing different was there is about a foot of snow on the ground. We called and got nothing at all. We looked around alot and there was no tracks of any animals anywhere!!! Well, except rodents.

This area hold Moose, Deer, Coyote, Turkey, Cats and we saw NOTHING. what the hell, are they bedded down waiting for the Nor'easter tonight? or did they go south for the winter?    WEIRD.

Randy Roede

04-I resent the message from 11-30-07 the other must be somewhere in cyberspace, my fault! Let me know if you get this one!

browning204

got it, I am gonna PM you back right now

Omega47

Quote from: browning204 on December 15, 2007, 08:39:46 PM
so we went back to that spot. the only thing different was there is about a foot of snow on the ground. We called and got nothing at all. We looked around alot and there was no tracks of any animals anywhere!!! Well, except rodents.

This area hold Moose, Deer, Coyote, Turkey, Cats and we saw NOTHING. what the hell, are they bedded down waiting for the Nor'easter tonight? or did they go south for the winter?    WEIRD.

I went back this afternoon just to look around.  I checked the three primary active areas and there are still NO TRACKS anywhere.  This is unreal.  This is a spot where pretty much 24/7 you can find tons of scat and hear dogs reply to calls.  Anytime I've ever been out we see tracks everywhere from turkey to deer to moose to bear to coyote and even bobcats.  There is absolutely nothing out there but, as Browning said, rodent prints and an occasional house cat chasing said rodents.  My son and I are going to do some scouting again on Saturday to see if we can find out where everybody went.

ohiobob

browning204
I had pretty much the same thing here in Ohio, but not as BIG as your Pack, we had 4-6 Coyotes Howling and running Back & forth and it sounded like they were Popping their Jaws, they were only 20-25 yards away from us in a Thicket, we had a Cross Wind and they did this for about 3-5 Minutes, but then the Wind Swirled a Little and "POOF" they were gone, we never heard them leave or anything, But we did feel the Wind Swirl & Change, so we knew why they left
And I DO AGREE, that is one of the Wildest Things to experience, those Coyotes Howling,Growling and Popping their jaws and only 20 Yds in front of you, I know I was grinning from Ear to Ear when that was going on, It all Started when a nearby town set their Curfew Siren off at 9 PM, there was a bunch of domestic Dogs barking and then we heard the Coyotes open up at about 600 yds or farther away, when we heard it I told the Guy I was with to get his Stuff and lets move, so we moved about 150-200 yds because that was ALL we could move without screwing the Stand up for sure, and we were playing Distress sounds all night and they never responded once,, BUT that isn't to say they weren't there with the distress sounds, the Coyotes could have been there and left,, and we just didn't know it
But when I Howled, it was a WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME !!!  :yoyo: we didn't get a shot, but it WAS a Big Rush just having the Coyotes that Close, in the Dark and raising Hell like they were, so I am TRYING to find ALL I can on Howling and what ALL of the different Howls Sound like and what they mean, so if you guys figure anything out, let me know,I am game for anything
And Glad to meet ya Omega47 !!! you will Like it here :yoyo:
Thank You
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

browning204

ohiobob

browning204
The Fire Siren goes off at 9PM in the Town, and that is when ALL the Little Kiddies under 18 Years of Age have to be OFF of the Streets,, so when the Siren went off at 9 PM, the Local Dogs Barked and The Coyotes started Howling
so that is when we moved closer to the Coyotes,, and used the Distress for a Bit, when nothing happened I decided to hit the Howl on the FX5, and that is when the Coyote went NUTS  :shrug: and our Situation sounds REAL CLOSE to your Situation browning204, so if you guys come up with a Theory on this Please Let me know   :confused:  :bowingsmilie: But I think by Reading the Tutorials at the Top on Coyote Vocalizations, I may get a little closer to knowing a LITTLE more about what is going on in the Coyotes Mind  :shrug: and then again, Probably not  :laf:
Thank You
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Omega47

Ok, we went out again today and found the pack of dogs had moved about 2 1/2 miles down the road to a new area.   

As always, they responded to our calls with howls and barks, but would not come any closer.   Same lazy pack of dogs as last time.  Wind was to our face and we were well concealed, but that has never been an issue before either.   Anyone know how to drive these dogs in rather than just converse with us for hours on end?

browning204

Omega, I had an entire thread with explanation of our hunt typed up here but with 1 sentence left, my POS computer shut down!!!!!!

As I typed, we were using the MARTZ method by using aggressive howls to fire them up. Once we had them going we tried some distress and back to howls.

As Omega stated, we can get them talking but no responders and with all the snow (waist deep) I would think we would see them.

Is the snow to deep? are they not buying our howls? very smart coyotes? Any ideas and tips would be great. The coyotes are really starting to tick me off.

p.s. Omega almost killed me on the snow mobile! I need a chiropracter :laf:

HaMeR

Is it possible these are wild dogs & noy coyotes?? :shrug:  Just thinking out loud here is all.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11