• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Emotional Rollercoaster...Autopsy update.

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, January 14, 2008, 10:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

Great write up and pics!        I let the bolt slam on my AR, even though I know that I should be as quiet as possible.

CHAD

Jeb

Very good story ! Thanks for posting it  :highclap: :congrats: :congrats:
                  Yeb

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Well it happened fellers.  It got about as western as it's ever gotten in my shop.  I was bored so I figured I'd see what this coyote was running on. 

In doing the autopsy I discovered that I had the entrance and exit would locations reversed.  The entrance was actually on the inside of the right shoulder and exit on the coyot's left side.  Same location just on the opposite side.  My bad  :doh2:

Anyhow here's the entrance hole. 

Exit
With castration band for size reference. 

Bullet travel path

Right lung just inside the entrance hole.  It's got a through and through hole.  Just clipped the top quad of the lung.

Left lung infront of the exit hole.  Bullet passed through and through the middle of the lung and pretty much destroyed it. 

Total this coyote had 6 holes in him

1 Entrance hole
2 Holes in the right lung
2 holes in the left lung
1 Exit hole. 

Just goes to show you these critters are as tough as they come.  400 +/- yards with no lungs. 

Hope you all ejnoyed the autopsy, as I really took one for the team on this one. 

Yoey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

ohiobob

Quincy M.D.
Nice Story and Autopsy, I can't believe that Coyote was Hit like that and went 400 yards, they are resilient
Didn't you say that the Blood Trail Stopped at some point, or the Blood Trail really Tapered off to just a few Drops here and there ?  if so, wouldn't you think you would have heavy, constant Blood ? all I know is this, that Coyote there REALLY wanted to Live !!!
What type of Bullet was you using ? and was the Shells Your Hand Loads or Factories ?
Thank You
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Bob,

Yes the blood trail slowed to me just finding blood that rubbed off as he ran through a few clumps of high grass.  As he crested the hill and started to head more down hill I started finding more blood, then as the trail got really hot at about 30 yards from where he fell the blood trail was very easy to find.  I figure the angle of him heading down hill put his holes in position to drain more.  Where as when he was running on flat ground the holes were above the increasing bloodlevel in his chest cavity. 

I was shooting 55gr, remington's.  I can't say weather the bullet was a lead tip or hollow point as I had 2 or 3 hollow points that shot the same mixed in the mag.  I've yet to get a load setup for the .223.  So far with all the factory ammo I've used I'm not too impressed.  I'm not throwing in the towel yet buuuuuuut, know anyone who wants a brand new .223 RRA Heavy Barrel Upper??  :innocentwhistle: I can honestly say I've never had to track a coyote that I've shot with my .243 more than 20 yards.  And typically there dead where they stood.  I wouldn't mind a nice .243 upper considering I already reload for my current .243. But I hear AR's can be very picky about re-loads. 

Joey

Bygog!

Hawks Feather

Doc Yo,

Nice job on the operating table, but it appears as though the patient died.  I know that you hate to waste anything, so make sure you wash that little green band before you put it on your next call. 

Yer

vvarmitr

Yo:
Not much I can add to the above posts, but wanted you to know I appreciate your thread.  ;yes;
Yames

possumal

A friend of mine in Georgia loads the 60 grain Hornady V-max and really likes it. Another friend loads the Sierra 50 grain Blitzking. Both have outstanding results, both with accuracy and kill power, and little fur damage.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

That is amazing how he could run that far in that kinda shape.
Hey, nice job on the autopsy :congrats:

I'm thinking about getting a vasectomy , you busy?  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Yes Jim, I'm busy.  In fact I won't be free for the rest of my life.  Sorry pard!   :laugh3:

Bygog!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Jim,

All you need are a couple of bricks and someone to smash them together with your "parts" between them.  It will only hurt if the other person gets their finger between the bricks when completing the procedure.

Jerry

possumal

Damn Jerry, is that experience talking?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

I heard it "years back" when I was helping castrate pigs.  The farmer said it was what he used on bull calfs.   

Jerry

WhiteHare

Do you suppose that's where the "Nutcracker Suite" came from?
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Silencer

QuoteI'm thinking about getting a vasectomy , you busy?

After you wash that green band send it to Jim and call it even  :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

No need to wash it!! I seen where his hands were last week in another thread here!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

newbomb